Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

@ Ohio State

1 minute to go and we have Tum, Ellis, McQuaid, Bridges and Goins on the floor instead of Winston, Harris, Langford, Bridges and Ward???

1 minute to go and we have Tum, Ellis, McQuaid, Bridges and Goins on the floor instead of Winston, Harris, Langford, Bridges and Ward???

Harris lost a lot of money coming to MSU. That's all I know

Last edited:
Well, Harris and Langford will make all the difference now with 20 seconds left. Geez. I'm pretty sure they know how to foul a 95 percent shooter off the ball like McQuaid did.

Last edited:
Why is Tum out top dribbling behind his back wasting time with nobody out on him?????

You took 18 of the 20 seconds off the clock to get a shot while down 4. What an ending! That was awful

Why is Tum out top dribbling behind his back wasting time with nobody out on him?????

Yeah at the very least get to the basket for a quick two or a dish. OSU wasn't doing much to stop him getting to the basket earlier.

This game is EXACTLY why we miss out on so many top recruits. Tum played zero defense all game and was out of control on offense the last 10 minutes of the game and never got pulled. Meanwhile 3 of our 4 freshmen sat and watched players less talented than them play because they might have made 1 or 2 mistakes.

This game is EXACTLY why we miss out on so many top recruits. Tum played zero defense all game and was out of control on offense the last 10 minutes of the game and never got pulled. Meanwhile 3 of our 4 freshmen sat and watched players less talented than them play because they might have made 1 or 2 mistakes.

Exactly.

Frustrating game that was there to be won. OSU played well though. Bridges was sensational but unfortunately HAD to just about do it all in the second half due to the players around him that were in.

Ward is the new Davis.

The worst part is that he is selective with who he benches after a single mistake. You can't simply say it's just the freshmen because Harris has been riding the pine more than anyone and he's a 5th year guy. It's almost as if he has favorites and they can do whatever they want while the other guys suffer. How can you expect someone to play loose and free when they are afraid of making a single mistake because they'll be yanked. Of course they're going to be hesitant. It's like a QB who knows he can't throw an INT because he'll be benched.

It's seems to me that he's not really inconsistent. I think he's forgiving of mistakes from guys with lower expectations but really strict with our best players - or at least the guys who are supposed to be our best players. Overall, he's inconsistent but within certain stratas of talent, he's consistent. Now, I'm not saying that's intentional or a good strategy. On the contrary - it's what leads to us having horrible lineups for big stretches while our best players sit in the dog house watching the team suffer through 11-0 runs.

Last edited:
Back