Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ringling Brother to close after 146 years

With Sea World getting rid of orca shows and Ringling closing, PETA is probably looking for something to protest. If I were a professional troll, I bet plenty of people would share a story about a Ringling BBQ on facebook. Fake news!

With Sea World getting rid of orca shows and Ringling closing, PETA is probably looking for something to protest. If I were a professional troll, I bet plenty of people would share a story about a Ringling BBQ on facebook. Fake news!

If you do, be sure to include that the menu will include fried orca, courtesy of Sea World.

Tix for the final show going for over $200 online. You'd think the circus could go on - trapeze, clowns, etc - w/o the animals

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...close-after-146-years/xvF7F5yxPt6yICFGIGcXFK/

A type of show that predates the lightbulb. Considering it's people doing nearly the same stunts and animals doing same tricks, it's amazing they lasted as long as they did; really didn't stand a chance in the internet age.

internet age? I'd rather watch black and white television than go to the circus. Hell, I'd rather sit on the floor and listen to the radio than go to the circus. It's amazing it lasted past the 1930's.

besides, circuses, and circus people are kinda CREEPY. Glad this one is going away. What will all those freaks do for a living now? Probably find jobs in the Trump administration.

(... maybe it would be better if the circus was still around)

My father when he was still alive would keep asking us to go to the circus when it came to Grand Rapids. We would politely decline to go. Me and jeri have our reason for not going to the circus and I will leave it at that.

My parents took me to the circus when I was a little, little kid.

I remember it was fun but the once was also enough.

I think I went once with my grandparents when I was maybe 6-8yrs old. Remember liking it but not liking the clowns or smell.

I had a stuffed tiger with their logo on it

Back