Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

I like Bynes as a backup. He hustles his ass off and plays super hard filling in off the bench for Detroit. SVG's signing of Boban is just so curious to me. he hardly plays so i do not know what he is worth, and when I did see him fill in he went off and had a great game.
Hope we get something in return, I think i want Jackson traded. I think we need a true point guard.. Heck IDK LOL..

Last edited:
I'd go for a true point guard. Who's trading good true point guards, though?

Looking into trading Baynes and Boban

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors...ral-aron-baynes-denies-hes-decided-to-opt-out

I still don't know what they were thinking when they signed Boban to a 3 year $21M contract.

Of course you dont , you are a clueless buffoon .....It's easy , you trade Baynes who wont be using his player option at the end of the year and get Boban the minutes he deserves . People that actually watch and understand basketball know what this guy brings to the table .

Of course you dont , you are a clueless buffoon .....It's easy , you trade Baynes who wont be using his player option at the end of the year and get Boban the minutes he deserves . People that actually watch and understand basketball know what this guy brings to the table .

SVG and Popovich must not understand basketball like you do, since they only gave him 9 minutes a game.

SVG and Popovich must not understand basketball like you do, since they only gave him 9 minutes a game.

Popovich wanted him back but they couldnt afford to match Detroit's offer . He was also playing behind Duncan and Aldridge

His per 36 was 21 pts , 13.7 reb , 1.5 assists , 1.6 blocks and 0.9 steals . You have seen what he does with extended playing time , Van Gundy is just a dope . Next year when Baynes is gone , you will see . People will be calling for Boban to start over Drummond

So I'll say it. I think the team should start figuring out what Drummond would be worth in a trade. That is not a dig on Drummond, more a reflection of the roster. The teams top 5 sports exactly one above average shooter, and exactly once real shot creator. That's a death sentence in today's nba, and shows in our consistently poor offense. Drummond, though a great player, is the worst kind of fit for a team like ours. He needs shooters to open the lane, and he needs playmakers to get him the ball where he can finish. This team isn't getting anywhere with or without Drummond right now.

But he's still great, probably the best rebounder in the league with the athleticism to be really good defensively. This is a down year for him, but being surrounded by mostly poor defenders doesn't help. Put him on a team with legitimate shooters and playmakers, and he will wreck rims. Put him on a team where he doesn't have to do all the work in the post defensively, and he could flourish.

The Pistons are in a bad place in the standings and with talent. They've paid too much for too little, and are capped out. The only realistic way to improve is getting new players with more potential.

Trade idea
BOS gets: Andre Drummond
Boston has a real chance to make noise in the playoffs, but lacks individual difference makers. They also happen to be one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Drummond could thrive next to sweet shooter, and great passer Horford. And would clean up around the rim as defenses key in on Thomas. Drummond can do everything Johnson does, but he's younger, more athletic, and signed long term (Johnson is about to get a big contract this off-season that will take him into his mid thirties).

DET gets: Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson, and Brooklyn's pick (top 3 protected this year, unprotected next year). Johnson slides in as backup C/PF then leaves at year end. Brown becomes the new "Stanley Johnson's unfulfilled promise." Maybe he makes something of himself, maybe he fights with Stanley for backup minutes, but at least he has talent and potential. The real prize is Brooklyn's pick. It stays top three protected this year so Boston has one more shot at a superstar. We ultimately can wait as the team isn't going anywhere now and will have its own lottery pick this year.

Last edited:
So I'll say it. I think the team should start figuring out what Drummond would be worth in a trade. That is not a dig on Drummond, more a reflection of the roster. The teams top 5 sports exactly one above average shooter, and exactly once real shot creator. That's a death sentence in today's nba, and shows in our consistently poor offense. Drummond, though a great player, is the worst kind of fit for a team like ours. He needs shooters to open the lane, and he needs playmakers to get him the ball where he can finish. This team isn't getting anywhere with or without Drummond right now.

But he's still great, probably the best rebounder in the league with the athleticism to be really good defensively. This is a down year for him, but being surrounded by mostly poor defenders doesn't help. Put him on a team with legitimate shooters and playmakers, and he will wreck rims. Put him on a team where he doesn't have to do all the work in the post defensively, and he could flourish.

The Pistons are in a bad place in the standings and with talent. They've paid too much for too little, and are capped out. The only realistic way to improve is getting new players with more potential.

Trade idea
BOS gets: Andre Drummond
Boston has a real chance to make noise in the playoffs, but lacks individual difference makers. They also happen to be one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Drummond could thrive next to sweet shooter, and great passer Horford. And would clean up around the rim as defenses key in on Thomas. Drummond can do everything Johnson does, but he's younger, more athletic, and signed long term (Johnson is about to get a big contract this off-season that will take him into his mid thirties).

DET gets: Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson, and Brooklyn's pick (top 3 protected this year, unprotected next year). Johnson slides in as backup C/PF then leaves at year end. Brown becomes the new "Stanley Johnson's unfulfilled promise." Maybe he makes something of himself, maybe he fights with Stanley for backup minutes, but at least he has talent and potential. The real prize is Brooklyn's pick. It stays top three protected this year so Boston has one more shot at a superstar. We ultimately can wait as the team isn't going anywhere now and will have its own lottery pick this year.

It sounds like it would be easier to build a team around Drummond vs. trading the only good player they have for a draft pick.

Mortgage the future and break the bank for the Bad Boys Part Deaux:
Boogie Cousins
Draymond
Russell
Any other angry souls that want a ring?

It sounds like it would be easier to build a team around Drummond vs. trading the only good player they have for a draft pick.

We've had Drummond longer than we've had any other member of our starting 5. If it was easier to build around him, we would have already done so. The reality is that we've already tried and failed to build around Drummond, and now the team is too full of overpaid mediocrity to ever turn into a contender (capped out and unable to substantially improve on our own). If we stay with the team we have, we are stuck with a late lottery pick or a first round beating. Not exactly a recipe for finding improved starters.

We can stick with what we have, and be the Sacramento Kings, or we can rebuild and try to be the next Minnesota Timberwolves. Not a great outlook, I know. But the former is a team with a star running underwater. The latter is primed to make huge leaps in the next couple years.

I hate to be that guy, but Drummond is not that good.

He's a big body that rebounds and can dunk. Outside of 6-10 feet, he can't score. After 4 years, it's become a little apparent that you cannot build a team around him. He just reminds me of less skilled Dwight Howard without the attitude.

Quite honestly, I don't even think he wants to be the man. I know a lot of pros lack effort when they get big contracts, but man Drummond doesn't care one iota on that court. I've never seen him yell, get emotional, etc... He has that same blank look on his face.

By far? Come on man. I'd take Tobias and even Marcus Morris before Drummond.

It says a lot about the "superstar" that you can't even have him on the floor during the important closing minutes of a basketball game.

It says a lot about the "superstar" that you can't even have him on the floor during the important closing minutes of a basketball game.

And his defense is a joke

I don't think he is a superstar either. Your point on his foul shooting is a very good one.

As far as Harris or Morris...those guys are average at best.

The conversation started with the idea to trade Drummond for Boston's #1 pick (from Brooklyn top 3 protected). You are gambling on getting a player with that pick that is better than Drummond and if he is, gambling that you will be able to sign him after his rookie contract is up. Those are two pretty big gambles.

Last edited:
You have to gamble with this team. They are stuck in eternal limbo with the way they are currently constructed.

You have to gamble with this team. They are stuck in eternal limbo with the way they are currently constructed.

well, they aren't going to blow it up for a re-build right before they move downtown. My guess is their goal is to make the playoffs again to "sell" season ticket holders that they are going in the right direction (back to back playoff appearances).

I would love if they could move Jackson before the trade deadline. They can be mediocre with or without him.

Back