Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

Normally one side tends to come out way ahead thanks to the incompetence of the other side. I just hoped we'd stop being the incompetent side at some point.

I've seen trades where a young talented guy and a draft pick goes to one team, an old aging vet going to another with the purpose of releasing vet after the season. Most NBA trades are stupid and are often one sided.

If true, I am amazed that the kings are still allowed to do business. They got fleeced already, but sounded like teams were lowballing them to start negotiations. If a real deal was on the table for Drummond, Ranadive and Vivak both should be forced out of their positions.

Have to look at the King's position. Cousin's was due for a super max contract, they probably couldn't pay him so instead of getting nothing they decided to get a guy they liked, and a draft pick. NBA trades rarely even out. What did Orlando get for Shaq? How about Cleveland when Lebron left?

Since the team seems committed to getting a little better rather than tanking, how about Reggie and KCP to the Bucks for Middleton?

Reggie isn't a good fit until he's healthy, which probably won't be until next year. Middleton is a far superior offensive player to KCP and a similar defender. This doesn't hurt Milwaukee's lottery odds this year, but is a boost next year when Reggie is healthy. With Giannis taking over most of the ball handling duties, Middleton's secondary playmaking is superfluous.

Reggie is addition by subtraction right now, and Middleton is better than KCP. The team gets a little better now, and saves itself from likely overpaying KCP in the summer.

Have to look at the King's position. Cousin's was due for a super max contract, they probably couldn't pay him so instead of getting nothing they decided to get a guy they liked, and a draft pick. NBA trades rarely even out. What did Orlando get for Shaq? How about Cleveland when Lebron left?

LeBron and Shaq were already free agents. They also didn't have the same incentives to stay as Cousins (way different cba). The Kings have absolutely nothing from top to bottom, Cousins was the only reason to even consider them an nba team. Divak even admitted there were better deals. There is no way to spin this as defensible from the King's perspective. They are terribly run, and made a massive mistake. They absolutely could have paid him (and he's implied that's what he wanted), but instead they hit the reset button with no decent prospects returned and without even having their own picks going forward.

LeBron and Shaq were already free agents. They also didn't have the same incentives to stay as Cousins (way different cba). The Kings have absolutely nothing from top to bottom, Cousins was the only reason to even consider them an nba team. Divak even admitted there were better deals. There is no way to spin this as defensible from the King's perspective. They are terribly run, and made a massive mistake. They absolutely could have paid him (and he's implied that's what he wanted), but instead they hit the reset button with no decent prospects returned and without even having their own picks going forward.

But eventually Cousins would be a free agent and from I read no way the Kings would pay him Super max. Weather they could or not is irrelevant. Of course Cousin wanted to stay because he can't get super max anywhere else..

Another idea, how much do you think the Suns want for Bledsoe? As a rim attacking scorer with super speed and huge defensive potential, he's basically a better version of Reggie at his best. The Suns are fighting for the top pick right now, and won't be competing before Bledsoe's contract is up. What if we give them Stanley, Baynes, and our pick (non lottery protected this year and next). If we make the playoffs this year and next, they get our pick unprotected in 2019. If we miss the playoffs, they get that pick (basically banning on us screwing something up). Phoenix gets a bunch of cap space, a flyer on Stanley, and potentially another lottery pick. Bledsoe isn't helping them win now, but helps guarantee tanking in the future.

But eventually Cousins would be a free agent and from I read no way the Kings would pay him Super max. Weather they could or not is irrelevant. Of course Cousin wanted to stay because he can't get super max anywhere else..

That the Kings were balking at paying the only player worth money on their roster is a failure of their management (a recurring theme over there). Cousins is actually worth that money in the current cba and cap, he's one of the best 15 players in the league. That the Kings have a bad reason for their decision isn't surprising, but it's still bad.

That the Kings were balking at paying the only player worth money on their roster is a failure of their management (a recurring theme over there). Cousins is actually worth that money in the current cba and cap, he's one of the best 15 players in the league. That the Kings have a bad reason for their decision isn't surprising, but it's still bad.

They probably figured we suck, we suck even with Cousins so lets start another rebuild and clear some cash. No Kings fans so don't care .. I heard Divak or however you spell his name said he had a better deal two days before? Not sure what that means and why they didn't take a better deal.. but yes, one messed up Organization.

That Boston rumor would be a dream . Drummond for Bostons #1 pick , Amir and Crowder

Id risk almost anything for a chance to land Fultz .

Read an article that said they offered Drummond for Cousins but were turned down. That's both a blessing and curse.

That Boston rumor would be a dream . Drummond for Bostons #1 pick , Amir and Crowder

Id risk almost anything for a chance to land Fultz .

No way Boston offers both the nets pick and Crowder. Crowder is crazy cheap for a really good player, way too valuable on his own. But I'd be happy enough with a protected nets pick and Brown.

No way Boston offers both the nets pick and Crowder. Crowder is crazy cheap for a really good player, way too valuable on his own. But I'd be happy enough with a protected nets pick and Brown.

I think they would keep brown over crowder , plus contracts need to match up ...just relaying what i read , also saw maybe smart instead of crowder.

I think they would keep brown over crowder , plus contracts need to match up ...just relaying what i read , also saw maybe smart instead of crowder.

Smart makes more sense. I just think people are underestimating how good Crowder actually is. Boston wants to win, and Brown hasn't been any good. They aren't going to move a high quality starter, they'd much rather let go of an overrated rookie.

Smart makes more sense. I just think people are underestimating how good Crowder actually is. Boston wants to win, and Brown hasn't been any good. They aren't going to move a high quality starter, they'd much rather let go of an overrated rookie.

Oh i love Crowder , he is a bulldog on defense and still has a solid offensive game . He's the type of player everyone could use , d be thrilled if he was just a "throw in " . Guess we will see soon enough , tomorrow is the deadline so im kinda excited to see what happens .We got some decent chips to move , and if we do move them we should get some quality in return .....I really want that number 1 pick tho , cant say enough how much i like Fultz !!

Well that was anti climatic !! Guess we are rolling with what we got , damn i really thought this was our best chance to get rid of Drummond . Oh well

Back