Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mock Drafts

Yes, drafting a THIRD first round tight end in 8 years is a recipe for success. If you can find any other organization that has drafted three tight ends in the first round over a decade, I'll be stunned.

Yes, drafting a THIRD first round tight end in 8 years is a recipe for success. If you can find any other organization that has drafted three tight ends in the first round over a decade, I'll be stunned.

There is no sure fire way of drafting successfully. There just isn't. Too many strategies and not enough fucking time. "Build from the trenches" ...umm did that. "Get your QB first" ...OK!! "Gotta draft weapons"...well, ya!! It's all been done. Certain GM's/Coaches fall in love with certain players and you try and fill holes as you go along. Hopefully you acquire players that gel together. You get a couple of stars and you coach em up. I'm sick of hearing, "well this is the way it has to be done" mentality. Nah...it doesn't. That's why I have always liked the BPA approach. If it's a guy you truly love then you don't pass him up. If he's the NEXT player on YOUR board then you grab him! And if he happens to be a TE then he's a fucking TE!! Obviously you wouldn't grab one every single time but you get the jist of it..(probably not) No questions. But then again, I'm a hypocrite and BPA is just another strategy lol. Bottomline...get good solid players and you'll be successful. Sprinkle that in with some competent coaching and skies the limt.

Last edited:

In order for a team to draft 3 TEs in the first round over a decade, they would have to swing and miss on the first two. The Lions have accomplished that feat.

They didnt swing and miss on ebron or pettigrew. Pettigrew got old. Ebron is a good player and both howard and ebron can see a ton of snaps. Different skillsets

Alos look on bright side. They arent wasting big fa contract or rounds 2-4 on a te

Fine, but get that "weapon" later. There are MUCH more pressing needs than ANOTHER TE, especially in the first round.

Not about needs. About bpa and contributors. Howard would be a huge contributor and could be bpa at 21

Lions have free agency to fill their few needs. You can get good defensive players in rounds 2 to 4 as well

I think Taco would be a great fit! I just love the direction of the team.

Back