Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Pope is on Drugs

I get what he's trying to say, but religious terrorism is directly the fault of the ideologies they follow. It's on each individual theist to decide what to ignore and what to follow. Lucky for us, the vast majority of them ignore the shady aspects.

I will never understand the need to separate the religion from the bad acts. We should acknowledge them and act accordingly, applying pressure on each ideology to reform. Christianity has done it and continues to, but there will always be nuts that think they need to do god's work.

Out of context it sounds crazy, but there is a good point being made here. He goes on to say there are fundamentalist and violent individuals in all peoples and religions and conflict will arise where there are not equal opportunities. I think there's some truth to the idea that economic play a bigger role than religion.

I once saw a TED talk about birth rates. For all the stereotypes and arguments over what religions say about reproduction, there's no correlation between national birth rates and predominant religions. There's very strong correlation between birth rates and GDP per capita.

Out of context it sounds crazy, but there is a good point being made here. He goes on to say there are fundamentalist and violent individuals in all peoples and religions and conflict will arise where there are not equal opportunities. I think there's some truth to the idea that economic play a bigger role than religion.

Here's some context. You know how when the jihadi, of which there are thousands upon thousands, probably millions; you know how when just before he or she is ready to plunge the knife, trigger the flamethrower, hurl the homosexual from the top of a building, gang rape the young girl or old woman, or otherwise violently and mercilessly destroy the infidel; you know how when just before they do that they utter a two word phrase? What's the phrase? Allahu Akbar? Yea, that's the one. Anyway, what is the Judeo-Christian equivalent of that phrase in that context? Oh yea, it doesn't exist.

It's about the religion, man. It's extreme, it's violent, it's deadly and there is no room for infidels. At least not with their heads attached.

Last edited:
I get what he's trying to say, but religious terrorism is directly the fault of the ideologies they follow. It's on each individual theist to decide what to ignore and what to follow. Lucky for us, the vast majority of them ignore the shady aspects.

I will never understand the need to separate the religion from the bad acts. We should acknowledge them and act accordingly, applying pressure on each ideology to reform. Christianity has done it and continues to, but there will always be nuts that think they need to do god's work.
You mean every member of the Republican party?

You mean every member of the Republican party?

They don't give a fuck about their god. They give lip service to their voters and line their own pockets. Same with the dems. I'm sure some do actually want to serve their god, but I'd guess they are a huge minority.

The Holy Father has an opinion like anyone else. No one is obligated to agree with him. But having read this tract, there is little I can dispute. And his discountenance of Muslim terrorism is semantical. Yesterday's Gospel reading sums it all up. MT 5: 38-48.

EDIT: Incredibly bad manners to slag the Vicar of Christ. But people do it anyway.

Last edited:
Here's some context. You know how when the jihadi, of which there are thousands upon thousands, probably millions; you know how when just before he or she is ready to plunge the knife, trigger the flamethrower, hurl the homosexual from the top of a building, gang rape the young girl or old woman, or otherwise violently and mercilessly destroy the infidel; you know how when just before they do that they utter a two word phrase? What's the phrase? Allahu Akbar? Yea, that's the one. Anyway, what is the Judeo-Christian equivalent of that phrase in that context? Oh yea, it doesn't exist.

It's about the religion, man. It's extreme, it's violent, it's deadly and there is no room for infidels. At least not with their heads attached.

In the Crusades, the cry was "Deus hoc vult!" But that's not the point.

Point is, while we don't have isolated populations for controlled experiments, I believe a much stronger case can be made for economics being the driving force and religion being a tool that is easily substituted by other ideologies. If these people weren't pushed by a twisted version of Islam, they'd be doing the same stuff under some other banner.

The Holy Father has an opinion like anyone else. No one is obligated to agree with him.

EDIT: Incredibly bad manners to slag the Vicar of Christ. But people do it anyway.

The Pope is "infallible", hence all Roman Catholics are to believe every word he says. :bat:

what drugs is the pope on?

the pope probably gets the best drugs.

what drugs is the pope on?

the pope probably gets the best drugs.

incense.jpg

Everyone is on drugs.

Every day at work I see long lines of people waiting for their daily or hourly fix. Addicts everywhere!

521edb73afa96f3ef5000085.jpg

"Have you ever seen the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel... ON WEED???"

If these people weren't pushed by a twisted version of Islam, they'd be doing the same stuff under some other banner.

But they are. And you have no clue whether they'd be destroying innocents under another banner otherwise.

But they are. And you have no clue whether they'd be destroying innocents under another banner otherwise.

And you have no clue whether it's 'millions' of jihadi but you took the leap. Only fair for others to make biased assumptions.

And you have no clue whether it's 'millions' of jihadi but you took the leap. Only fair for others to make biased assumptions.

Admittedly, my bias is against the jihadi.

Admittedly, my bias is against the jihadi.

I'd argue that by assuming millions of Muslims are jihadists that it makes you bias against Muslims more so.

The same as if I thought thousands of priests were pedophiles because of the actions of a few sick perverts, that would make be biased against priests as opposed to just pedophiles. When realistically it's more likely just a dozen(s) and I'm able to realize that without making sweeping, blanket generalizations.

Last edited:
Back