Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I have a question(s)

lonesometiger

1st can a team invite a non roster Free Agent player to spring train camp for a try out?

2nd Are the Tigers so strapped for money that they could not offer any of the 5 FA center fielder that took minor lg. contracts?

1st can a team invite a non roster Free Agent player to spring train camp for a try out?

2nd Are the Tigers so strapped for money that they could not offer any of the 5 FA center fielder that took minor lg. contracts?

Non-Roster = Minor League Contract

Anyone that signed a minor league contract probably are worthless to begin with. DET did sign Alex Presley and David Lough to minor league contracts and they both will be given a shot to compete in CF. Then they traded for Mahtook.

45 CF have at least 800 PAs the last 3 years:

WAR
31. C. Maybin 3.2
32. A. Jackson 3.1
36. D. Jennings 2.9
38. A. Gose 1.8
41. P. Bourjos 1.6
44. M. Bourn 0.6

Who else plays CF and signed a minor league contract? Odds are they are in this group.

Can the Tigers send 0-3, 12.00,ERA. Pelfrey to the minors? O well it's just spring training,

Now I really do not follow minor/mlb rules that much. So Joe Jimenez is stuck in the minor's for 10 days or 10 mlb games from the time he was sent down unless there is an injury? yes or no?

Gotta admit after reading why he was sent down, makes sense but couldn't help also thing... so.... win above all else not apply in the Tigers front office? If he makes the team better which I believe he does.. oh well..

Last edited:
Back