Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Musk fighting UAW attempt

biggunsbob

Musk later in the article also also talks about subsidies that the oil,gas, and coal industry get because as you know it looks like the Trump administration wants to do away with subsidies to renewable energy companies. Musk is fine with it as long as the do the same for the oil,gas,and coal industry, We all know that is not happening so hopefully Trump will listen to Musk but I doubt it. Not sure what to think on a union. Everyone should have a right to vote yes or no on a union if the want to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tesla-uaw_us_58ae3371e4b057efdce8f521?afhiisbc78vnqgds4i&

Musk later in the article also also talks about subsidies that the oil,gas, and coal industry get because as you know it looks like the Trump administration wants to do away with subsidies to renewable energy companies. Musk is fine with it as long as the do the same for the oil,gas,and coal industry, We all know that is not happening so hopefully Trump will listen to Musk but I doubt it. Not sure what to think on a union. Everyone should have a right to vote yes or no on a union if the want to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tesla-uaw_us_58ae3371e4b057efdce8f521?afhiisbc78vnqgds4i&

Greedy unions are the primary reason why Flint went from top manufacturing in the world to a rundown ghetto.

I worked as a contractor for a OEM in automotive sector. When the UAW signed their new deal with the company, they were disappointed their signing bonus was not 5 digits.

Unions are great when everything is going well and company is flooded with cash. However, overtime they get greedy and too powerful.

Afterall, the initial growth of unions was a tool of organized crime.

Greedy unions are the primary reason why Flint went from top manufacturing in the world to a rundown ghetto.

I worked as a contractor for a OEM in automotive sector. When the UAW signed their new deal with the company, they were disappointed their signing bonus was not 5 digits.

Unions are great when everything is going well and company is flooded with cash. However, overtime they get greedy and too powerful.

Afterall, the initial growth of unions was a tool of organized crime.

yeah, unions are bad news.

you know what's even worse news though? bad leadership. incompetent upper management that runs companies into the ground, then points the finger at unions, a line of bullshit that a surprisingly large number of Americans buy into.

Mitch, you know in most jobs if you consistently show up high and drunk you get fired. Many times on a first offence.

If you are in a UAW/CAW union coming into work under influence there is little your employer can do.

Unions are great if you are part of it. They are terrible for most people on the outside.

Take for example the exclusionary hiring practices within many of the unions. You can only be put into "lottery" for union jobs at local vehicle assembly plant if a union member puts your name in there. Meaning immigrants/non-locals without union contacts can't even qualify for the job lottery.

During my time in North American unionized educational systems I experienced a union strike every 3 years!

Or when the city union went on strike. Retirees were brought in to scalp out the jobs of the union workers who were more productive with fewer numbers.

Mitch, you know in most jobs if you consistently show up high and drunk you get fired. Many times on a first offence.

If you are in a UAW/CAW union coming into work under influence there is little your employer can do.

Unions are great if you are part of it. They are terrible for most people on the outside.

Take for example the exclusionary hiring practices within many of the unions. You can only be put into "lottery" for union jobs at local vehicle assembly plant if a union member puts your name in there. Meaning immigrants/non-locals without union contacts can't even qualify for the job lottery.

During my time in North American unionized educational systems I experienced a union strike every 3 years!

Or when the city union went on strike. Retirees were brought in to scalp out the jobs of the union workers who were more productive with fewer numbers.

False.

Please know what the fuck you're talking about before you start saying things as fact.

Back