Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trumps first huge mistake

You just wait that asshole Sessions are just getting started! !! They will never close those underperforming for profit prisons lamo!!!!!! Start rounding up the card carrying legit medical users of pot and lock them up!!!!
" I'm sorry officer I only have 2 joints on me "!!!! Lock him up for 10 years !!!!!

you realize "Sessions" isn't plural right? There's only one of him.

Fantastic! !!!! The more the merrier!!!! Billions or trillions who cares just legalize it and tax the hell out of it.. notice my sarcasm in the ability of the Trump admistration to do anything right ;)

aren't you the one having trouble getting anything right? Like for example, mixing up trillions and billions (and not having any proof for even the claim of billions) and dismissing the difference as trivial. I also think you're being completely naive if you believe you can legalize, regulate and "tax the hell out of it" and make illicit trade and all the secondary crime related to it just go away.

Yet another fucking lobby most politicians are beholding too.
Follow the money is absolutely right.

I mean who needs clean air and water!! Another great Trump executive order in letting the coal industry pollute at will into the air and water !!!

I'm not sure you're following what I'm saying. I'm not saying the for profit prisons will stay open because of their powerful lobby. I'm sarcastically making the point that the heavy taxes you're proposing on legal marijuana will leave plenty of room for black market traders to profit from it so crime isn't likely to go down. And if crime doesn't go down significantly, you most likely won't see a big drop in demand for prison capacity.

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-budget-proposal/index.html

Great. 54B going to military, rest of stuff will not get near the amount of attention.

This administration needs to be brought out of the white house and sprayed with a fucking hose.

the article says the $54B is in cuts to non military spending - it doesn't say it's being reallocated to the military budget line and while the military budget is increasing per the article, it's a fairly nominal increase.

I got an $18B increase in mil. spending FYOY between 16 and 17. 16 = $585B. 17 =$603B. There's the clause "defense and security" spending in the CNN article, so security must be getting a $36B boost?

aren't you the one having trouble getting anything right? Like for example, mixing up trillions and billions (and not having any proof for even the claim of billions) and dismissing the difference as trivial. I also think you're being completely naive if you believe you can legalize, regulate and "tax the hell out of it" and make illicit trade and all the secondary crime related to it just go away.

God you guys are stupid. I guess when one is being sarcastic on this board they have to say it. I'm not mixing up anything

So let me explain

Trillions or billions I do not give a shit. Legalize and tax hell out of it . Makes to much sense unless you own a for profit prison as Jeff Sessions wants to lock you up !!!

I agree with Bob on this one, that doesn't happen often with the politics. LOL. IMO if Trumps and Jeff go down this crack down path he will be one and done. 71% believe if the state says yes leave em the F alone. i'm telling ya, they on the wrong side of this one.

God you guys are stupid. I guess when one is being sarcastic on this board they have to say it. I'm not mixing up anything

So let me explain

Trillions or billions I do not give a shit. Legalize and tax hell out of it . Makes to much sense unless you own a for profit prison as Jeff Sessions wants to lock you up !!!

you weren't being sarcastic when you said you don't care whether it's trillions or billions because that is a trivial difference. It's a difference of 3 orders of magnitude (go ahead and look up orders of magnitude now). You also weren't being sarcastic when you said legalize and tax the hell out of it and we would magically no longer need for profit prisons. Again, I'll explain to you - you're dead wrong about all of this. if it was Trillions, then marijuana taxes would be almost 25% of UST revenues and if the tax rate were 50% then the marijuana trade would be about 20% of GDP. If it's less than $9B (what the US collects in alcohol per Tom), which it almost certainly is then it's a drop in the bucket - but if it's close to that number, it would just about cover the federal prison budget but of course, that doesn't mean we wouldn't need the for-profit prisons.

I get that you have zero sense of self awareness but you should be made aware that there is no one, let alone no 2 people on this board nearly as dumb as you.

Last edited:
I seriously have to laugh that all the fucked up things to come from a Trump presidency so far, including during his nomination-election candidacy, OP was right behind him the whole time.

But enforcing a federal law of a schedule 1 controlled substance that's been on the books forever is what has you outraged.

I agree with Bob on this one, that doesn't happen often with the politics. LOL. IMO if Trumps and Jeff go down this crack down path he will be one and done. 71% believe if the state says yes leave em the F alone. i'm telling ya, they on the wrong side of this one.

I'm not really taking a side on whether pot should be legal because it's not something I care that much about. I do however think the discourse should be grounded in reality. Legalizing it isn't going to be a big boon to the federal coffers nor is it going to wipe out drug related crime, even marijuana related crime.

I also think laws on the books should be enforced. I don't have a problem with changing bad laws, but the law isn't majority rules and President's shouldn't get to choose which laws they enforce and which ones they don't. If something is illegal, the law should be enforced. So which part of Bob's rant do you agree with?

I'm not really taking a side on whether pot should be legal because it's not something I care that much about.

Me too.

But the DEA could make it medicine-without making it recreationally legal-with a regulatory change at any time the DEA wants.

What's the hold up? As I said before in a previous post, follow the money.

In the case of government, the equivalent of money is authority and influence.

The more shit that schedule 1, The more authority and influence the DEA has.

Anything that comes off schedule 1 takes away from the DEA's authority and influence.

Follow the money.

Me too.

But the DEA could make it medicine-without making it recreationally legal-with a regulatory change at any time the DEA wants.

What's the hold up? As I said before in a previous post, follow the money.

In the case of government, the equivalent of money is authority and influence.

The more shit that schedule 1, The more authority and influence the DEA has.

Anything that comes off schedule 1 takes away from the DEA's authority and influence.

Follow the money.

yeah, I always think that as well but then I recently heard that there are something like a dozen or so patents on weed, all or most of them medical and virtually all of them held by major pharmaceutical companies. Sounds like if pot becomes approved for medicinal purposes, big pharma will still clean up or at least dominate the trade.

Back