Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jurco to Chicago

Can't tell if you like this or not..

Ecstatic! Jurco asked for a trade back in January.

I hoped for Jurco's sake he would have gotten traded this past summer (along with Pulkkinen). They clearly didn't fit into the Red Wings lineup especially when Holland signed 3 forwards to replace 2 outgoining. I like Jurco, and under Blashill he was never given steady playing time.

Also glad Holland got Chicago to overpay for him as well. Win/Win. Hopefully it is not too late for Jurco to get his career back on track. I think he can be 2nd/3rd liner who in right situation has the potential to score 30-40 points a year.

If Jurco plays well, Chicago will resign him and his NHL career will continue. He would not have resigned with Detroit, especially, given he asked for a trade in January. Had the status quo maintained, Jurco had a 1 way ticket to Europe.

Wish all the best to Jurco.

Detroit 3rd round picks that made the NHL:

Mattias Janmark (2013): Has 29 points in his rookie season with Dallas. Was sent with Mattias Backman as part of the Cole trade a few years ago. Missed the entire season thus far recovering from knee surgery. 27 of those points were on even strength, that is quite remarkable.

Andrej Nestrasil (2009): Lost on waivers in 2014-5 has been featured on the 4th line in Carolina since. So far has 48 points in 128 career games.

Joakim Andersson (2007): Was not resigned by Red Wings this past season. Signed with Orebro of the Swedish league and is yet to play a game. Presumably, he is hurt. 36 points in 205 games for Detroit.

That is 3 for 8 between 2007 and 2013 which made the NHL*. It is too early to see where Dominic Turgeon (2014) and Vili Sarijarvi (2015) will pan out.

*Minimum 100 games played.

But when I think 3rd round draft picks I think Nicklas Lidstrom..

If they could find another steal like that it would be something.

Other notable 3rd rounders; Kozlov, Osgood, Franzen, and Filppula.

Although to be fair, Lidstrom/Kozlov would be in today's 2nd round.

When opponents fuck with him, they call him "Jerk-O."

It's the same pronunciation but it has a different meaning.

The correct pronunciation is along the lines of Yurcho/Yurczo

It is a c with an accent which makes a ch/cz sound.

Watched about 45 minutes of the game, Jurco had a quite game. Had one decent chance with Hossa but that is about it.

2 shots, 1 hit, 12:44 of playing time. About 3 minutes more than he was averaging in Detroit.

March 10th is gonna be first game between Wings-Hawks since the trade.

Hope Jurco puts the dagger to Detroit.

You guys think Chicago might be feeling a little buyers' remorse right now?

Jurco has 0 points in 9 games with Chicago and has been a healthy scratch the past few games. That is pretty poor performance in return for a 3rd round pick.

Makes you wonder if Chicago will bother trying to re-sign him when his deal expires. I predicted a while ago that Slovan Bratislava will be his team next fall, at this point the odds look stacked in that favour.

Back