Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How did this get missed?

Spartanmack

Will uofm cave to these demands?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...lowed-safe-space-plot-social-justice-activism

Seems to make perfect sense that Students4Justice, the organization that "criticizes the University for failing to create an environment that engages in diversity, equity and inclusion, is calling upon the University to undermine these ideals by facilitating a sort of de facto segregation."

Well done social justice warriors. What's next, separate drinking fountains?

I liked the response from the Michigan Review

The demands caught the attention of the Michigan Review, an independent student news outlet which first reported on the issue — and criticized it.

“The same organization that criticizes the University for failing to create ‘an environment that engages in diversity, equity and inclusion,’ is calling upon the University to undermine these ideals by facilitating a sort of de facto segregation? One where space and resources are designated for students based solely on the color of their skin?” the Review wrote.

“To advocate for the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion, while simultaneously calling upon the University to sanction these spaces on campus is both unprincipled and laughably regressive,” it added.

Seek to understand; then to be understood. I'd like to listen to these students for an hour to get their reasoning and ask questions before I judge them.

Seek to understand; then to be understood. I'd like to listen to these students for an hour to get their reasoning and ask questions before I judge them.

that's a fair statement, but it's a two way street, or at least it should be. I doubt these students would care to listen to the reasoning of any dissenters for a minute, let alone an hour.

that's a fair statement, but it's a two way street, or at least it should be. I doubt these students would care to listen to the reasoning of any dissenters for a minute, let alone an hour.

I'm not looking to even express my opinion to them. Only hear their own.

oh look it's an unlikable Conservative middle-aged guy complaining about liberal college kids doing something.

this story has been repeated on a weekly basis going back to at least the 1960's...

"how did this get missed?"

yeah, it's a real mystery. good thing you're around to point us to the really important stuff.

oh look it's an unlikable Conservative middle-aged guy complaining about liberal college kids doing something.

this story has been repeated on a weekly basis going back to at least the 1960's...

"how did this get missed?"

yeah, it's a real mystery. good thing you're around to point us to the really important stuff.

who's complaining?

Really, students4justice have been looking for a non-white space on campus at uofm on a weekly basis since the 1960s?

it's not a mystery nor is it a complaint, it's sarcasm. everyone knows race baiters like yourself are hypocrites and would never start a thread about actual racism. you prefer the kind you can't prove, because it doesn't exist, except in the feeble minds of racists like yourself.

Last edited:
I was taught in school that it was a great thing that segregation was done away with. Another example of Detroit schools sucking I guess.

Back