Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're deporting the wrong people, maybe?

Michchamp

maybe because unlike illegal immigration and our unreliable vetting of refugees from 7 countries identified by the Obama administration as a threat, something is actually being done about it and has been done about these kinds of cases for decades...

In your first case, you said yourself the guy was arrested. In the second, the perpetrators each just received 35 year prison sentences. Sounds like the guy in the third case - what do you call these people, lone wolfs? - has also been arrested and is facing charges. The fact that he's wearing an "anti suicide smock" in court would indicate there's a good chance this lone wolf whack job is also mentally unstable.

Last edited:
maybe because unlike illegal immigration and our unreliable vetting of refugees from 7 countries identified by the Obama administration as a threat, something is actually being done about it and has been done about these kinds of cases for decades...

In your first case, you said yourself the guy was arrested. In the second, the perpetrators each just received 35 year prison sentences. Sounds like the guy in the third case - what do you call these people, lone wolfs? - has also been arrested and is facing charges. The fact that he's wearing an "anti suicide smock" in court would indicate there's a good chance this lone wolf whack job is also mentally unstable.

yes...but what's being done about it?

That first article may just be Walter White. I am not sure how he feels about immigration after the whole Tuco thing.

Ok clicked on the article, picture looks more like Walt Jr, so maybe he's taken over the family business in Georgia!

Last edited:
Hey, these people are an actual, ongoing, demonstrated threat to Americans! the security of the American people is paramount to all other concerns. I demand he deport all these people immediately, before they harm other citizens or lawful residents. Why isn't he addressing these issues!?!?

That first article may just be Walter White. I am not sure how he feels about immigration after the whole Tuco thing.

Ok clicked on the article, picture looks more like Walt Jr, so maybe he's taken over the family business in Georgia!

I really wish the show spent more time exploring Walter White's political beliefs. (that's sarcasm, Gulo).

could have had an episode where Walt goes to meet Gustavo, and Fox News is on in the background, and they both discuss how Republican/Neo-liberal economic policies were doing such a great job of creating plenty of hopelessly under-employed fast food workers and temps for them to sell meth to.

To be fair Mitch, USA in terms of population and landmass compromises a minority of America.

Hey, these people are an actual, ongoing, demonstrated threat to Americans! the security of the American people is paramount to all other concerns. I demand he deport all these people immediately, before they harm other citizens or lawful residents. Why isn't he addressing these issues!?!?

all of them have been arrested and have either been sentenced or awaiting trial. I'm sure they will have great legal representation thanks to the Legal Services Corp. Maybe some of those great lawyers will get them off so they can get back on the streets and continue their hate crimes.

I really wish the show spent more time exploring Walter White's political beliefs. (that's sarcasm, Gulo).

could have had an episode where Walt goes to meet Gustavo, and Fox News is on in the background, and they both discuss how Republican/Neo-liberal economic policies were doing such a great job of creating plenty of hopelessly under-employed fast food workers and temps for them to sell meth to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EJagkR6QI

all of them have been arrested and have either been sentenced or awaiting trial. I'm sure they will have great legal representation thanks to the Legal Services Corp. Maybe some of those great lawyers will get them off so they can get back on the streets and continue their hate crimes.

the Legal Services Corp provides lawyers for civil, not criminal, matters. Think breach of contract, slip and falls, consumer fraud, etc.

they'll have or had public defenders, most likely. maybe the 17-year-old has rich parents who will hire someone who can devote the time to get him a lighter sentence, if not cut a plea deal that avoids jailtime entirely. making ricin is pretty serious though; tough to argue he's not a danger to the public right now. especially with that extremist in the WhiteHouse fanning the flames...

even when you're being hyperbolic (actually, you're pretty much always being hyperbolic) and sarcastic you sound like you're toting an extra chromosome.

the Legal Services Corp provides lawyers for civil, not criminal, matters. Think breach of contract, slip and falls, consumer fraud, etc.

they'll have or had public defenders, most likely. maybe the 17-year-old has rich parents who will hire someone who can devote the time to get him a lighter sentence, if not cut a plea deal that avoids jailtime entirely. making ricin is pretty serious though; tough to argue he's not a danger to the public right now. especially with that extremist in the WhiteHouse fanning the flames...

Obama isn't president anymore. You really should check real news sites every now and then.

Keep the mexicans that keep our produce prices down by picking farms below minimum wage. Deport all the Americans that sit on their fat asses at home and collect a check for no apparent reason.

Back