Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Jeffery Sessions in big trouble ?

So, Bill Clinton lied under Oath.

Yup and congress did a number on his adminstration lol..
Hopefully this will slow Trump's police state agenda but I doubt it.Trump just hates the truth. Probably nothing here but he was under Oath. I mean it's close on who is a bigger piece of shit Sessions or Trump!

Last edited:
Hopefully this will slow Trump's police state agenda but I doubt it.
Trump just hates the truth. Probably nothing here but he was under
Oath. I mean it's close on who is a bigger piece of shit Sessions or
Trump!

A number? He certainly did not get impeached for Perjury or the stuff he did in the White House. My point, why should Sessions be let go because he may have lied about something? Hilary almost became President and she lied about a bunch of stuff.

I guess I don't see this as a big deal.

Hopefully this will slow Trump's police state agenda but I doubt it.
Trump just hates the truth. Probably nothing here but he was under
Oath. I mean it's close on who is a bigger piece of shit Sessions or
Trump!

Trump is a massive supporter of truthiness as popularized by Stephen Colbert. It is true because he FEELS it is true.

If you appose his "truth", ie view of reality, it must be fake!

You must remember, perception is reality.

A number? He certainly did not get impeached for Perjury or the stuff he did in the White House. My point, why should Sessions be let go because he may have lied about something? Hilary almost became President and she lied about a bunch of stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

It absolutely was and is a big deal to lie under oath.

Funny you don't think it matters much when the shoe is on the other foot Mitch.

It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty that President William Jefferson Clinton perjured himself before a Federal grand jury and has persisted in a continuous pattern of lying and obstructing justice. The chief law-enforcement officer of the land, whose oath of office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, crossed the line and failed to defend and protect the law and, in fact, attacked the law and the rights of a fellow citizen. Under our Constitution, equal justice requires that he forfeit his office. For these reasons, I felt compelled to vote to convict and remove the President from office. . . .

It is crucial to our system of justice that we demand the truth. I fear that an acquittal of this President will weaken the legal system by providing an option for those who consider being less than truthful in court. Whereas the handling of the case against President Nixon clearly strengthened the nation's respect for law, justice and truth, the Clinton impeachment may unfortunately have the opposite result.

-Jeff Sessions

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/02/13/u...talk-about-their-votes-impeachment-trial.html

Last edited:
In 2016 Jeff Sessions was a member of Congress and on the armed services committee. It is his job to meet with foreign officials. His comment
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.
requires a little context - seems pretty clear he was referring to campaign related communications, not communications related to his job as senator. this is just more nonsense about a fake story that russia got Trump elected pushed by a bunch of panty waste whiny sore losers. Get over it, there is no great Russian conspiracy. They hacked some emails, investigate that and figure out how to keep them and others from doing it again and then just move on.

Last edited:
In 2016 Jeff Sessions was a member of Congress and on the armed services committee. It is his job to meet with foreign officials. His comment requires a little context - seems pretty clear he was referring to campaign related communications, not communications related to his job as senator. this is just more nonsense about a fake story that russia got Trump elected pushed by a bunch of panty waste whiny sore losers. Get over it, there is no great Russian conspiracy. They hacked some emails, investigate that and figure out how to keep them and others from doing it again and then just move on.

You care about context but strangely don't include the actual question which indicates Sessions was asked only about his contacts to Russia as they pertained to his status as a campaign surrogate - which he was. if he had official contacts with Russian officials as part of his senatorial duties, it's odd he wouldn't have mentioned those, since they would be on the record and easily exculpate Sessions here. Nor has he gone with that explanation on any occassion since, and has had opportunities to do since. even Lindsay Graham has previously said Sessions might have to recuse himself from any investigation into Trump's ties to Russia if it turned out he had in fact had contact with them last year. bthe fact that he hasn't seems It's obvious he lied in response to the question. I guess he could still clear the air...

the full exchange:
FRANKEN: OK. CNN has just published a story and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, "Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump."

These documents also allegedly say quote, "There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government."

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?
SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of anyof those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have - did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Omg your going to go there when it was proven the Trump lied far more then Hillary on the campaign trail.... REALLY ?

Why is it that Trump will blast any other world leader and give that thug Putin running a mafia government in Russia a pass ? It is so ridiculous how some of you guys are giving Trump a pass on Russia . There is a big reason he is not releasing his tax returns and everyone knows it. If Clinton had done any of this you guys wold be all over her.

Looks like he may have lied under oath at his comfimration hearing. It's being reported on a bunch of sites right now . I was looking around and these started popping up everywhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/?utm_term=.e258d56ee8a5

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...sessions-resign-over-russian-meetings-n727976

Bob, his name is not Jeffrey, it's actually Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III. He's named after the Confederate President Jefferson Davis, and prominent Confederate general PGT Beauregard, two men who committed armed treason against the United States government solely in defense of the practice of slavery.

that's how you know he comes from a long line of racists. To his credit, he did not name his son Jefferson Beauregard Sessions IV.

maybe he'll paraphrase the SEC line "If you ain't lyin' you ain't tryin'" A lot of people who were previously against lying, or claimed to be at least, will rally around him.

You care about context but strangely don't include the actual question which indicates Sessions was asked only about his contacts to Russia as they pertained to his status as a campaign surrogate - which he was.

wrong, this is precisely the context I was adding. His answers indicate he had no meetings with the Russians as a Trump campaign surrogate. That should be obvious from my post.

Last edited:
wrong, this is precisely the context I was adding. His answers indicate he had no meetings with the Russians as a Trump campaign surrogate. That should be obvious from my post.

again you bring up context, and yet you don't even quote my full paragraph on it...

Bob, his name is not Jeffrey, it's actually Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III. He's named after the Confederate President Jefferson Davis, and prominent Confederate general PGT Beauregard, two men who committed armed treason against the United States government solely in defense of the practice of slavery.

that's how you know he comes from a long line of racists. To his credit, he did not name his son Jefferson Beauregard Sessions IV.

maybe he'll paraphrase the SEC line "If you ain't lyin' you ain't tryin'" A lot of people who were previously against lying, or claimed to be at least, will rally around him.

Yeah I know his name . He is a asshole piece of shit and he should change it to Asshole Beauregard Sessions.

Back