Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Jeffery Sessions in big trouble ?

Of course, I do too. But you can't end every opinion by calling someone a retard, dimwit, and just acting like you are above everyone.

I'm not defending name calling, was just objecting to the premise that we were better off.

I was going to suggest that the moderates who have some conservative views and some liberal views - me, Vic and Gulo come to mind most immediately - maybe should focus for a while on the things we view conservatively and leave the liberal stuff to the liberals, until a sense of balance is restored, so the board doesn't devolve into a group think exercise...

I would include myself in that group and I think that's a good mentality to have. I generally only go ape shit on environment and education when it comes to supporting the left. I try to keep it low on things I find less egregious (Twitter BS, Ivanka's clothing line, etc.)

I would include myself in that group and I think that's a good mentality to have. I generally only go ape shit on environment and education when it comes to supporting the left. I try to keep it low on things I find less egregious (Twitter BS, Ivanka's clothing line, etc.)

Good thinking.

You probably realized that I was being at least a little tongue in cheek.

We have plenty of thoughtful conservatives who post conservative opinions consistently albeit not so flamboyantly already.

I'm not defending name calling, was just objecting to the premise that we were better off.

Well, if one reads the posts, he was banned because he challenged the authority of the board moderator - Monster - to moderate the board. That can't be tolerated and wasn't tolerated; I thought frankly the 24 hour ban he was given was a pretty light tap on the wrist.

Then, when the ban ended, instead of a Mea Culpa, or at least simply not saying anything, he was defiant that it had happened - you all saw his post #55 - which resulted in an additional appropriate ban.

It doesn't appear that he's permanently banned; I don't know long it's for; but in any activity a person engages in, whether it's a political chat board or playing a team sport or being in some kind of performance group or functioning on one's job, the activity doesn't function without the participants generally having respect for and compliance with the organizers authority to organize.

No Sessions is not in trouble. We have crazy republicans running the world.....theyll just turn a blind eye like they always do. Theyve showed time and time again how contradictory and full of bullshit they are. Hillary is supposed to keep everyone at every embassy accross the world safe or else she gets flamed. Trump orders a unprepared strike over lunch and gets one of our own killed....and nothing. Hillary cant trade uranium with russians, but trump can work with them to fix an election.

Since quoting people is now deemed "singling someone out", here's a general reply to everyone. I don't give a fuck what your opinion is. I'm glad we disagree on things and all opinions aside from hate speech are welcome. When a mod warns you to watch the personal attacks, your next response should either be silence or acceptance. And when you tell a mod to essentially fuck off when we're just doing our UNPAID jobs, you're not going to get off free.

You can say whatever you want about others' opinions, but when you're calling them retards, stupid, or whatever, that's where the conversation turns from debate to angry ranting against each other. If you re-read my warning, you'll see that I very clearly addressed the entire thread. I only quoted SM as an example of what I was warning against.

SM could have not replied to my warning and simply continued the debate, but chose to go the other route.

And SM, if you look at one of the recent threads created, the OP included a reference to you and both Tinsel and I spoke up for you. We don't mind conflict, but we will try to deescalate when we see things are going south. If I had wanted to, it could have been more, but you needed time to cool down.

I'll make sure you are no longer banned, but this is a final warning. If you don't want to be here, go. If you do, then that's fine.

And to all Mods involved, do not get wrapped up in a debate where you're throwing around personal insults, too. I struggle with it, sometimes, but we have to try to not be hypocrites.

maybe should focus for a while on the things we view conservatively and leave the liberal stuff to the liberals, until a sense of balance is restored, so the board doesn't devolve into a group think exercise...

It's difficult because 1) I feel like the administration doesn't care at all about the environment which is important to me and 2) I don't feel like they are conservative anyway.

HOWEVER, on this particular topic, while I agree there's ton of smoke and I suspect there's fire, I don't think what Sessions said is clear cut enough to do him in without finding more evidence. The excuse that what talking he did with the Russians, he did in some other capacity, is going to be enough to justify what he said (I think) unless some other information comes to light. (And I think some other info will come to light.)

W2rHIYP.png

That's funny.

I was being a little facetious at the time, but also if you check the date that was the better part of a year ago-actually about eight months to the day-and I don't think that there's anybody who would disagree that civility has deteriorated substantially since then.

So we should blame you?

So we should blame you?

I started racheting up the insults after that post to try to amuse and curry favor with tinsel.

it was only after some self-reflection over the holidays that I decided to swear off my ways, and become a man of peace and empathy.

Well, we have other conservatives on the board who've been around a long time already who express their conservative opinions without being so insulting - except a little bit for KAWDUP; he gets a little snarky from time to time ;).

I was going to suggest that the moderates who have some conservative views and some liberal views - me, Vic and Gulo come to mind most immediately - maybe should focus for a while on the things we view conservatively and leave the liberal stuff to the liberals, until a sense of balance is restored, so the board doesn't devolve into a group think exercise...

Aww, only with Michchamp - but that stuff goes way back - he deserves it.

. . . and I also get snarky when people respond by calling me fuck face. I say here and now, I am not a fuck face. I stick by that and will certainly answer in kind if it happens again.

However, I won't flout authority, either. Name calling and personal attacks is extremely rarely started by me, but heeding Mitch's warning would not cause me any discomfort.

Lastly, I highly doubt being insulting about one's ignorant views is in the same boat as getting personal. I think you will find most of my "snark" is aimed at the ideas. Calling someone ignorant is not an insult if they really are ignorant of the facts.

Anyway, you brought me into it - so it only feels right to respond, even if, as usual, I add nothing to the conversation.

Carry on.

Aww, only with Michchamp - but that stuff goes way back - he deserves it.

. . . and I also get snarky when people respond by calling me fuck face. I say here and now, I am not a fuck face. I stick by that and will certainly answer in kind if it happens again.

However, I won't flout authority, either. Name calling and personal attacks is extremely rarely started by me, but heeding Mitch's warning would not cause me any discomfort.

Lastly, I highly doubt being insulting about one's ignorant views is in the same boat as getting personal. I think you will find most of my "snark" is aimed at the ideas. Calling someone ignorant is not an insult if they really are ignorant of the facts.

Anyway, you brought me into it - so it only feels right to respond, even if, as usual, I add nothing to the conversation.

Carry on.

Dude, I made, like, the smiley/winkey face ;) you always make just to let people know when your jabs are a joke.

Didn't you see the smiley/winkey face ;)?

Oops...I had to edit...I only made the smiley face...not the smiley winkey face...;)

I thought you'd think it was funny; I guess I'm sometimes not as funny as I think.

Sorry.

Last edited:
I think I've contributed to the escalation, not with name calling (because when I name call, it's because I think it will be understood as funny by the person I'm calling a name), but I've reached my limit in assuming good faith. Not a lot. Specifically, the thread that got into Taylor Lewan being a walking, talking piece of crap comes to mind.

Dude, I made, like, the smiley/winkey face ;) you always make just to let people know when your jabs are a joke.

Didn't you see the smiley/winkey face ;)?

Oops...I had to edit...I only made the smiley face...not the smiley winkey face...;)

I thought you'd think it was funny; I guess I'm sometimes not as funny as I think.

Sorry.

Yeah my smileys were missing too. My answer was supposed to be mostly a joke also. It was a great jab. Pithy answers are hard to come up with sometimes. Didn't mean for you to think that post was very serious. Only serious part was just answering why I sometimes get snarky, but also giving deference to Mitch's warning.

Do you really think that I believe I add nothing to the conversation? LOL, I am the conversation.

Yeah my smileys were missing too. My answer was supposed to be mostly a joke also. It was a great jab. Pithy answers are hard to come up with sometimes. Didn't mean for you to think that post was very serious. Only serious part was just answering why I sometimes get snarky, but also giving deference to Mitch's warning.

Do you really think that I believe I add nothing to the conversation? LOL, I am the conversation.

I sort of remember the time when somebody called you F face.

If I recollect correctly, you took umbrage with that and that person acknowledged that it was an over-the-top thing to say or post and the two of you resolved that between yourself.

I sort of remember the time when somebody called you F face.

If I recollect correctly, you took umbrage with that and that person acknowledged that it was an over-the-top thing to say or post and the two of you resolved that between yourself.

Probably - pretty sure my answer was meant to be just as immature, if I recall.

However, believe it or not, that was the comment meant to be the most un-serious. "I say here and now, I am not a <insert insult here> . . ." "That's my story and I'm sticking to it . . . pblllttt!". I really just used the last major insult I received, but I also would have said I am not a <insert insult here>" to whichever one I was referring.

Sheesh, when you have to explain the joke, it really must have been unfunny. I guess I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon.

:hmm:

Sessions now saying it was correct he met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign, once at the RNC, and once in his office. however he's also saying that his original testimony was correct.

notably, he's not saying it was correct because he met with the Russian ambassador in a different, non-Trump surrogate capacity, but because he was "suprised" by Sen. Franken's question.

So now it's not a lie to knowingly answer a question incorrectly if you were "surprised" by it.

odd a longtime prosecutor like Sessions would be able to say that with a straight face.

Sessions now saying it was correct he met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign, once at the RNC, and once in his office. however he's also saying that his original testimony was correct.

notably, he's not saying it was correct because he met with the Russian ambassador in a different, non-Trump surrogate capacity, but because he was "suprised" by Sen. Franken's question.

So now it's not a lie to knowingly answer a question incorrectly if you were "surprised" by it.

odd a longtime prosecutor like Sessions would be able to say that with a straight face.

It must really suck being under Trump's thumb like that. People are saying and doing some ridiculous shit to cover up for the boss, who in this case didn't like that Sessions quasi-admitted guilt by recusing himself. Poor Spicer is out there making a fool of himself on a daily basis.

Back