Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Travel Ban Part Deux

they removed the 3 worst parts of the original bill, however, they already showed their racist intent. it's going to be hard to pass muster with that record already developed

also: Someone should ask Trump why he didn't follow through with his twitter boast about appealing the 9th circuits ruling to the Supreme Court.

I wonder how many lawyers it took to get the fact that was a terrible idea through his thick skull... and... thick combover?

This ban is Trump trying to appease his bible thumping, flag waving fanboys without pissing off certain islamic countries. I'm against this ban, but liberals and conservatives are overreacting in completely different ways. It's kind of hilarious, to be honest.

Aaaaand I feel no more safe than I did a week ago. Thanks anyways.

Too bad Spartanmack is not around to tell us all how that judge needs to go back to law school.

589b432325000032080b7ba8.jpeg

I was talking to my dad the other day and mentioned immigration issues as they pertain to my MIL; even though I tried to tiptoe around the current politics related to these travel bans, he dove right in, saying "you know all this law does is make sure they actually conduct background checks. Before when people from these countries tried to enter the US, they had no records in those countries or way to check background information, and so they would just let them in."

I really wish people would stop and think about some shit they read in the news before they willingly believe it. If it sounds too absurd to be true, it probably isn't true.

My wife is an immigrant. I've filed for family members to visit/move to the US; it was a lot of paperwork, and a thorough vetting process. And it's not cheap either. And guess what? if something wasn't substantiated with adequate records, they threw it out. they denied the claim. They didn't just let people into the country. That would be completely absurd. The burden of proof is on the person trying to enter; if they don't meet it they're denied. This idea "Obama" was just letting anyone from Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq into the country is fucking ridiculous.

I have a friend from Mexico who's sister has tried three times to gain admission into the U.S. $1200 a pop. Her husband WORKS here and she's been denied each time.

Last edited:
I have a friend from Mexico who's sister has tried there times to gain admission into the U.S. $1200 a pop. Her husband WORKS here and she's been denied each time.

well, there's that, but on Breitbart I read that Obama was just letting in anybody from Libya, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, or "Arabia," including guys who showed up for their visa application interviews at the US embassy looking like this:

thumbnail.php

...and Breitbart.com is on the internet so it must be true.

the guy in the front even had his terrorist employee ID badge clipped to his shirt, and Obama still let him in. Obama told the hearing officer: "let that guy in. I like guys like him."

thank god Trump is president now.

Federal District judge in Hawaii issued a temporary restraining order against the ban.

your move, Trump administration. another appeal to the 9th Circuit?

Maybe Trump's immigration orders will become like the GOP's attempts to repeal the ACA: a new & unsuccessful one every other month, just to keep playing to the gallery. Or Trump's previous demands for Obama's birth certificate.

Federal District judge in Hawaii issued a temporary restraining order against the ban.

your move, Trump administration. another appeal to the 9th Circuit?

Maybe Trump's immigration orders will become like the GOP's attempts to repeal the ACA: a new & unsuccessful one every other month, just to keep playing to the gallery. Or Trump's previous demands for Obama's birth certificate.

You are probably correct all accounts (except about the birther stuff). It is all so banal - "You dissed me, I'm going to make you pay you ignorant putz."

Truly is a shame that none of them can get around to doing some of the important things that need doing.

Back