Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Ricky Wagner RT - Now released Lions get 6.1 M cap space

Wagner had his first down year at wrong time. Backloaded deal and this makes sense. Go after Conklin hard now

Wagner signs quickly with Packers..where is the wagner hate now?

looks like GB is bargain shopping. 2 year $11M contract.

Lions paid him $30.5 M for 3 years and still have $5.8M in dead money to account for.

looks like GB is bargain shopping. 2 year $11M contract.

Lions paid him $30.5 M for 3 years and still have $5.8M in dead money to account for.

Wagner is 30 now to be 31 in October. Makes sense for both deals and ages.

Guys suddenly have down years when they come here.

Wagner was good his first 2 years in Detroit. Just average to solid this past year. They like Crosby and have plenty of options in draft on day 2 and day 3. Plus they have to pay Decker. So 11 million was too much to pay Wagner

We'll see what Detroit does to replace Wagner and Glasgow and Harrison plus add CB2, LB and DE and another DT too.

Wagner was good his first 2 years in Detroit. Just average to solid this past year. They like Crosby and have plenty of options in draft on day 2 and day 3. Plus they have to pay Decker. So 11 million was too much to pay Wagner

We'll see what Detroit does to replace Wagner and Glasgow and Harrison plus add CB2, LB and DE and another DT too.

The lions have like 50+ mil in cap space...MINIMUM. With the 5.8 mil dead cap hit youre only netting like a 5 mil difference for Wagner. It more had to do with Crosby and Wagners future salary imo. Also, if you get paid...and you dont perform...Quin now has a track record of saying Peace out (snacks and wagner).

Moving on from Wagner was the right thing to do. As i stated before him slay and stafford were 30% of our cap. wagner gone, slay were trying to move....quin is atleast trying to manage the cap the right way.

wagner gone, slay were trying to move....quin is atleast trying to manage the cap the right way.

Let me contradict and argue with myself now. Wagner 5.8mil dead cap hit, Snacks 5 mil dead cap hit, Diggs 3+ mil dead cap hit. Theres fucking 90% of Jadaveon CLowneys salary right there lol...quin is a moron.

Last edited:
Let me contradict and argue with myself now. Wagner 5.8mil dead cap hit, Snacks 5 mil dead cap hit, Diggs 3+ mil dead cap hit. Theres fucking 90% of Jadaveon CLowneys salary right there lol...quin is a moron.

The ineptitude of this GM is off the charts.

Last edited:
Vaitai signed..absoulte road grader..big upgrade. Can play lt too unlike wagner

Great job quinn

Trash signing, never been a full time starter and had only made 4 starts the last 2 years. We have the guy a 5yr $50mil.

Did we seriously offer Halapoulivaati Vaitai 10 million a year??

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020...mer-lions-ot-rick-wagner-signing-with-packers
Former Lions OT Rick Wagner signing with Packers.
The former Lions starting right tackle will join Detroit?s rival.
POD

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...-agrees-to-terms-with-packers-on-2-year-deal/
Former Lions RT Rick Wagner agrees to terms with Packers on 2-year deal.
LionsWire

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...kle-rick-wagner-green-bay-packers/5058386002/
Former Lions offensive tackle Rick Wagner lands in Green Bay.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...packers-rick-wagner-detroit-lions/5058410002/
Rick Wagner, just cut by Detroit Lions, signs with Green Bay Packers.
Freep

Vaitai signed..absoulte road grader..big upgrade. Can play lt too unlike wagner

Great job quinn

4 starts in 2 years. Last time he started regularly he led the league in sacks given up. Same money as wagner. Great job quinn.

Lol I think quinn might be worse than matt millen. Dude gutted our roster and idk what the fuck he is doing. Wowwwww.

Glasgow and conklin signed elsewhere. Maybe quin panicked and just overpaid a random OL to make it look like he's trying. Like if you're out shopping during the corona virus and there's no toilet paper... so you panic and buy 4 boxes of mini corn dogs just so you feel like you accomplished something.

Back