Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What Round now?

This reminds me of the kid from Oregon a few years back who had the same injury I believe. He played Corner and was going to be a high rd pick. He got drafted in like the 7th rd but never panned out. Can't remember the kid's name...

This reminds me of the kid from Oregon a few years back who had the same injury I believe. He played Corner and was going to be a high rd pick. He got drafted in like the 7th rd but never panned out. Can't remember the kid's name...

Olomu. Yeah, my first thought too.

I'm thinking 4th. In 1 year this kid would/could be starting for us.

Oh ya, he's a starter in the NFL. Is he good enough to sit on for a year though and "hope" he comes back strong in 2018? That's the question. I'm not so sure...

Oh ya, he's a starter in the NFL. Is he good enough to sit on for a year though and "hope" he comes back strong in 2018? That's the question. I'm not so sure...

I'd take that gamble, what the hell do I know though

I'd take that gamble, what the hell do I know though

I'd take the gamble too but not higher than a 5th. A 4th for a guy who won't be playing for a year, and who knows after .. is too risky imo.

I feel like this kid is way better than Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and I'd for sure spend a 4th on him...

Take him in the 5th if he is there. Even if he doesn't return to first round form, 5th rd picks are throwaway picks. Ask Jimmy Landes.

You gotta take him in the 4th or he will be gone. Probably will be gone before our 4th.

A potential/future starter at CORNER in the 4th round would be a godsend. Hughes, would you be against drafting him in the 3rd? I'm warming up to the idea, if the consensus is that he'll be gone by our 4th pick.

A potential/future starter at CORNER in the 4th round would be a godsend. Hughes, would you be against drafting him in the 3rd? I'm warming up to the idea, if the consensus is that he'll be gone by our 4th pick.

The 3rd? Ooooooo bro. I really like the kid though but if you're going to do that then Quinn needs to really nail the first two rds and even the 4th. Starters!

I assume with his injury he's gone entirely for the season? Missing the season, and no preseason, and practices etc.. That's hard to want.

I always thought the first 3 rounds should be starters right away or future starters.. I don't want a banged up guy who will miss a season in the 4th.

tough call...i think for us we need to focus on 3 starters for THIS year in the first 3 rounds. I think a team that can afford to develop for the future will grab him in rd 3 or early rd 4. We just have too many holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball to pick someone that wont play in year 1. Id grab him in rd 4 if hes still there. Theres just no telling if a guy with a torn achiliees will bounce back 100%.

IDK precedent has already been set kind of with Jaylon Smith AND Myles Jack going in the 2nd last year KNOWING they wouldn't just like Jones... IMO Smith and Jack were better prospects and higher picks than Jones pre injury though.... Maybe a 3rd for him isn't so crazy... On a side note Jaylon Smith going to ball out this year in Dallas, guarantee it.

Back