Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

womens bball got screwed

wheels002

They didnt make the NCAA tourney after finishing 3rd in B10. Teams behind them got in. Yes they struggled at the end of the year but they should have still been in.

Damn I saw that they were moving down but this is ridiculous incompetent decision by that ncaa committee.

Last edited:
Shouldn't have lost so much at the end of the season. Going to have to do better than that to break the streak

just remember what the men had to go through to break their tourney streak.

22-9 is good enough . Without looking I am positive they are better then at least 5 to 10 at large teams that were selected. They played bad down the strech but not bad enough to be left out in my opinion. At one point they were 20-5 so your telling me just a 2-4 strech is going to knock off? Really ? Plus they were extremely unlucky at Purdue which they lead the whole game till the last minute.

Last edited:
Looks like a product of the dumb unbalanced schedule. I'm sure they held it against them that 6 of their 11 wins in conference came against the 4 teams tied for last place with 3-13 records.

And yet 6-12, 19-13 california made the field . Pretty sure those teams at the bottom of the big ten did Michigan in like you said. I still disagree with the decision. Michigan should in.

http://www.espn.com/#

Last edited:
Spare me. 11-5 in a major conference gets you in all day, every day.

RPI was 46. They dont break it down like they do for the men

Spare me. 11-5 in a major conference gets you in all day, every day.

So why do you think they got left out then?

I'm guessing it's because they didn't have a single quality win. 0-6 record vs RPI top 50.

Look at a team like Cal that got into this women's bracket. 19-13, 6-12 in conference. 2 wins over top 25.

Back