Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Health Care Plan

"But now I can CHOOSE to be uninsured! I'll just go to the ER when I need basic care and never pay the bill, thus making health care costs increase for those that REALLY need the care. You know, like the good old days before Obummer!"

Look at the bright side, you won't be fined for not being covered! Also, if you have a heart attack and enjoy an extended stay in the hospital, the hospital will be happy to let you pay off the $100k you owe in weekly installments for 25% of your paycheck for the next several years. Generous.

This can't be his plan because he said multiple times that everyone will be covered.

Republican or Democrat, you have to be able to look at this thing without blinders on and see it's a complete shite plan.

The smug ass smile on Ryan's face says it all! Such a two faced piece of shit. Thus GOP healthcare plan is a piece of crap. Hopefully this will move us closer to National Healthcare which I think it will once most Americans realize that that most politicians are bought and paid for. Hopefully the Gop base will see through Ryan's garbage plan that fucks people.

Sadly we are going to have to wait another 5 to 20 years for some dynamic canidate to finally just stand up and run on it and tell the American people he will not let either party get in his way till it's done for every American in the USA.

Ryan is such a two faced piece of crap.

https://www.bustle.com/p/open-letter-to-paul-ryans-smug-face-31881

Last edited:
The smug ass smile on Ryan's face says it all! Such a two faced piece of shit. Thus GOP healthcare plan is a piece of crap. Hopefully this will move us closer to National Healthcare which I think it will once most Americans realize that that most politicians are bought and paid for. Hopefully the Gop base will see through Ryan's garbage plan that fucks people.

Sadly we are going to have to wait another 5 to 20 years for some dynamic canidate to finally just stand up and run on it and tell the American people he will not let either party get in his way till it's done for every American in the USA.

Ryan is such a two faced piece of crap.

https://www.bustle.com/p/open-letter-to-paul-ryans-smug-face-31881

God, I hope we never have universal health care! That would be such a fiasco.

Sure. Just look at those infant mortality rates, lifespans, and quality of life indexes from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Japan, Finland...

Well, before the Affordable Care Act was passed, its opponents were claiming that it was going to be the end of the world, and as it turns out, they were right.

So now we're looking at the American Care Act, which, according to its opponents, is also going to be the end of the world.

Except for its opponents on the right, like Rand Paul, who are calling it "Obamacare Light."

So if they're right, maybe it's going to only be then end of the world light.

We'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2L1-TgfKb4

No not really. I totally disagree. It would create jobs, save money , and the nation would be so much more healthier it's not even funny. It would not be a fiasco if both parties would just do the work that is needed for all Americans. Gop bill is just awful legeslation. But typical from that group.

Last edited:

In case anybody doesn't know but would be glad to find out, the Phillip Seymour Hoffman character was based on a real guy (as of course was Charlie Wilson), Gust Avrakotos.

Most of the links that come up under a search for that name are to that movie or references about it, especially the Zen Master story.

Wikipedia provides the most expansive bio that I can find; that said, they do a pretty good for the most part in these things.

I don't know really if he actually ever told Charlie Wilson that story, or not.

Last edited:
No not really. I totally disagree. It would create jobs, save money , and the nation would be so much more healthier it's not even funny. It would not be a fiasco if both parties would just do the work that is needed for all Americans. Gop bill is just awful legeslation. But typical from that group.

The problem is government run organizations are the least cost effective organizations in this country. Also, how do you figure the nation would be "more healthier"? Seems that most government run health programs are inferior to what is available in the free market.

The problem is government run organizations are the least cost effective organizations in this country. Also, how do you figure the nation would be "more healthier"? Seems that most government run health programs are inferior to what is available in the free market.

That is not even close to the truth. Every industrialized nation has nation health care has better coverage then Americans. Every score you use in determining coverage says that. This for profit garbage we have now is terrible in which middllmen executives/management make so much freaking money. It's deplorabled that this country politicians Still does not want to do what's right for everyone. What a joke.
This bill just lines certain people pockets with a lot less coverage. National Healthcare would fix alot of America's problems and we could so grow as a nation if we had it.

uh oh... an ideological impasse.

what this thread needs is Byco delivering a GK Chesterton quip about liberals and conservatives that defends the shitty, middle & lower class plundering status quo while appearing neutral.

That is not even close to the truth. Every industrialized nation has nation health care has better coverage then Americans. Every score you use in determining coverage says that. This for profit garbage we have now is terrible in which middllmen executives/management make so much freaking money. It's deplorabled that this country politicians Still does not want to do what's right for everyone. What a joke.
This bill just lines certain people pockets with a lot less coverage. National Healthcare would fix alot of America's problems and we could so grow as a nation if we had it.

you are talking about coverage and I'm talking about healthcare.

LOL @ national healthcare fixing a lot of America's problems. WTF are you talking about???

you are talking about coverage and I'm talking about healthcare.

LOL @ national healthcare fixing a lot of America's problems. WTF are you talking about???

right, because the current plan is working out so well for us... I love spending a huge chunk of my income on health insurance. I can't imagine having any other use for it, or the economy benefitting in any way from reduced health care & health insurance costs.

And LOL at Republican stooges trying to sound smart by putting on their thinking caps and saying "we're talking about healthcare not health insurance" or vice versa. Healthcare costs are all fucked up because of the insurers (and drug companies) writing the rules to skew market outcomes in their favor.

right, because the current plan is working out so well for us... I love spending a huge chunk of my income on health insurance. I can't imagine having any other use for it, or the economy benefitting in any way from reduced health care & health insurance costs.

And LOL at Republican stooges trying to sound smart by putting on their thinking caps and saying "we're talking about healthcare not health insurance" or vice versa. Healthcare costs are all fucked up because of the insurers (and drug companies) writing the rules to skew market outcomes in their favor.

well, I pay a LOT more now than before ACA...so IMO that isn't working. I don't think Trumps plan will work either. I just don't have any faith in our government to run a national health insurance plan.

and the ACA was a pro-business, insurance-lobbyist written plan, just like this new piece of Shit Paul Ryan is floating.

Single payer, Tom. We need Single-payer, Universal health coverage. take them out of the equation.

Back