Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

thewolverines24

It's the hap-hapiest season of all!

Official tourney thread. Go Blue!

The Madness tips at 12:15 EDT today!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Greatest two days of the year. Taking tomorrow off, couldn't get both days off or else I would in a second. Let's just say this afternoon will be a rather unproductive one.

Yeah, I scored the day off tomorrow but with good reason, actually have to take my car into the dealership. Today? Not so lucky :(

the best part of the tournament are the first 2 days. For me, it gets more boring as the tournament unfolds.

Well, you must be in the minority. Yeah, less games, but you can only watch 1 at a time anyways.

With the way the tournament ended last year, I cannot say it got more boring with the way it ended.

There was a season a few years back when literally every 1-8 seed won on the opening two days and it was a yawn fest. Just depends on the quality of the game.

Last edited:
the best part of the tournament are the first 2 days. For me, it gets more boring as the tournament unfolds.

It seems like Final Four Saturday is never as good as it should be. Could be me, but there are seemingly blowouts and never great games like there should be between top tier teams. I just think of last season when Nova destroyed Oklahoma and UNC handled Syracuse.

Got today off, and don't work Fridays anyway. My butt will be securely on the couch for a while. Or at least until my bracket falls apart by about 4 pm today

I'm only going to watch games Michigan is in, at least for the first two rounds.

If a different B1G team or teams goes deep in the tourney I might pay attention to that.

Yeah, that was especially the case when I played HS sports as our (baseball) team advanced in the state tournament. *YAWN*

Last edited:
Yeah, that was especially the case when I played HS sports as our (baseball) team advanced in the state tournament. *YAWN*

you obviously had a vested interest in that tournament. I'm just saying that today and tomorrow are more exciting than the rest of the tournament. Probably because of the brackets, staggered start times and more games.

you obviously had a vested interest in that tournament. I'm just saying that today and tomorrow are more exciting than the rest of the tournament. Probably because of the brackets, staggered start times and more games.

And that's especially true because our choice is watching unexpected teams advance or one and two seeds playing in the regional finals. That pending Arizona-Notre Dame or Duke-Villanova or Kansas-Rhode Island games will generate no interest whatsoever.

Last edited:
Rooting for all Big Ten teams today, especially NW. They absolutely deserve at least one win.

I see your point.

It's a different kind of excitement.

The two day round of 64 is part of the whole package, and yeah, more obviously happens when all 64 teams are playing; it's quite a spectacle.

But like dubbsco said, I don't think most people see the tournament as becoming boring as it advances.

But do your thing, like I said earlier, I'm only going to watch the Michigan game tomorrow, and on Sunday, assuming Michigan advances.

every fucking year going back to college I tell myself, "I'll take Thursday off NEXT year, and go watch at the bar all day." and every fucking year, when March rolls around, I say "Shit, I have too much too do this week!"

Am I the only one who hates Virginia? I don't know why and don't have a good reason, but I hate their basketball and football teams almost as much as I hate ND.

Back