Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

I think that was the worst March Madness championship game during my lifetime. They honestly should have started playing Brickhouse over the stadium speakers during the game. Absolutely atrocious shooting and the refs made the game even worse.

Glad i only caught the last 5 minutes. Sounds like it was a horrible game to watch.

I couldn't take all the stupid camera angles either. Hate it when they get "creative" like that. Just leave it with what works already. No need to reinvent something that isn't broken.

I fell asleep near the beginning of the 2nd half, but I had a feeling that the scum-sucking Tar Heels would win it all. It's clearly asking too much for fairly called games that allow teams other than the have-alls to win.

UNC-National-Champions-in-Academic-Fraud-Banner.jpe

Yeah I forgot about that. That was a crime against basketball.

Some "highlights" from that game:
-Butler shot 18.8% from the field (lowest in any NCAA title game, lowest in an NCAA tourney game since 1946)
-Fewest combined points in title game since 1949
-Worst combined field goal percentage (26.1%) in a title game since 1948
-UConn had 2 made three pointers the entire Final Four. Their combined 109 points scored in the two games were the lowest by the champion since Oklahoma A&M in 1946
-Butlers 3 two pointers made in the Final are the lowest in a single game in NCAA tourney history

Some "highlights" from that game:
-Butler shot 18.8% from the field (lowest in any NCAA title game, lowest in an NCAA tourney game since 1946)
-Fewest combined points in title game since 1949
-Worst combined field goal percentage (26.1%) in a title game since 1948
-UConn had 2 made three pointers the entire Final Four. Their combined 109 points scored in the two games were the lowest by the champion since Oklahoma A&M in 1946
-Butlers 3 two pointers made in the Final are the lowest in a single game in NCAA tourney history

Good lord. All video of that game should be destroyed.

I remember that Indiana-Maryland final in '02 was a pretty awful low scoring, low % affair.

I remember it because I was in first place in a big campus-wide pool going into it, but I had Duke over MD. No one had Indiana winning it all, but a bunch had MD. All I needed was IU's 3 point shooting to stay hot, but of course they went cold in the final, because fuck them & fuck me.

I remember that Indiana-Maryland final in '02 was a pretty awful low scoring, low % affair.

I remember it because I was in first place in a big campus-wide pool going into it, but I had Duke over MD. No one had Indiana winning it all, but a bunch had MD. All I needed was IU's 3 point shooting to stay hot, but of course they went cold in the final, because fuck them & fuck me.

Every bad part about that game was redeemed when the country got to see Juan Dixon cut down the net and lift up the trophy. That kid had been through so much shit in his life.

Back