Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

Not at all. Maryland and Minny go down in upsets, Purdue struggling with 13 seed Vermont. Northwestern barely beat a 15 loss SEC team. Ugly stuff.

Been kind of a boring day still. Not nearly as thrilling as usual.

I picked Minny to lose.. I was going to pick Xavier but bailed last moment.

Last edited:
Only 2 "underdog" seeds won their games today. #11 Xavier and #12 Middle Tennessee St. both against Big Ten teams.

Only 2 "underdog" seeds won their games today. #11 Xavier and #12 Middle Tennessee St. both against Big Ten teams.
Minnesota was the most overseeded team in the history of the tourney. I picked them to lose in every bracket I filled out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I saw a facebook meme comparing MIchigan STate's loss to MTSU last season to Michigan's loss to Ohio a few seasons back. Am I the only one thinking that these 2 games couldn't have been farther apart in the comparison department?

If memory serves me correct, Michigan was a 4 and Ohio was a 13. No one was saying how Michigan was deserving a higher seed and no one was predicting a final 4 run for that team. Meanwhile, MSU people were complaining that they didn't get a well-deserved 1 seed (maybe had a point) and were talking final 4 run and how they were going to do great things and lost to a 15 seed. I even remember thinking myself that they had an easy run to the final 4 with the way their bracket was set up.

Why do people do this?

Last edited:
I picked Middle Tennessee as well. Not saying it was a major upset...just saying if you're going purely by seeds, it was one of the only two on the day. Nobody is shocked Xavier beat Maryland either I don't think.

Yeah, those two are substantially far apart. If I remember correctly, Ohio went to the S16 and was like an OT away from beating UNC. They had a really damn good team. Michigan was riding on Trey Burke and a bunch of role players. Ohio was actually a pretty popular upset pick.

No one in their right mind thought MTSU would pull that out. MSU had one of their best teams in years, and they were like a 25 plus point favorite.

Now that Michigan secured their win, go Ibis.
cff928c14b0d12b5c1f1db70d0558352.gif

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Perfect today, so far, in my bracket. Those stupid Florida teams that won yesterday..

Gotta be honest, not all that impressed with Louisville. Break that press and you are in business.

Ouch SMU losing is my first major blow to the bracket. Had them in the Elite 8

The Big Ten ends up 5-2 in the first round. Next gets 3 #1 seeds and a #2 unfortunately.

Yeah, those two are substantially far apart. If I remember correctly, Ohio went to the S16 and was like an OT away from beating UNC. They had a really damn good team. Michigan was riding on Trey Burke and a bunch of role players. Ohio was actually a pretty popular upset pick.

No one in their right mind thought MTSU would pull that out. MSU had one of their best teams in years, and they were like a 25 plus point favorite.

Not going to make any excuses for that game last year. But talent-wise Middle Tennessee was quite a bit better than your typical 15 seed when it comes to talk about historical upsets. They're showing it this year with a similar cast and look like they're probably better than the 12 they got this year.

Still that loss came so far out of left field mostly because of how MSU had been play up till that point and Izzo's tournament track record, and also with how MTSU controlled the thing pretty much from beginning to end.

Last edited:
Not going to make any excuses for that game last year. But talent-wise Middle Tennessee was quite a bit better than your typical 15 seed when it comes to talk about historical upsets. They're showing it this year with a similar cast and look like they're probably better than the 12 they got this year.

Still that loss came so far out of left field mostly because of how MSU had been play up till that point and Izzo's tournament track record, and also with how MTSU controlled the thing pretty much from beginning to end.

Minnesota feels your pain.

Back