Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abusive & racially-biased police updates

Michchamp

So in a civil lawsuit by the family of Michael Brown (remember him?) against the Ferguson PD, et al, officer Darren Wilson admitted that Brown never actually reached for his weapon, which openly contradicts the testimony he gave the grand jury. Link. also new video from the store was released and it appears Brown was involved in buying weed, not robbery.

I know some of the board's jackbooted authoritarians might think possession of marijuana should be a capital crime, and therefore Brown was de facto subject to the death penalty, so it's all good... but it isn't (yet). Gonna be a few more years before the Republicans in DC can trample over the will of the American people like that.

and in more lighthearted police-abuse news, check out what the Fresno PD did to this poor couple's home in response to a call from them that a homeless man had broken in... link. Look at that pic! What the shit is up with cops these days? It couldn't have necessitated more than one regular (ie not SWAT) officer, possibly another for backup, to get this guy out, and throw him in the drunk tank for a night before pointing him to the nearest homeless shelter... Instead they call out most of the local force, hostage negotiators, two helicopters, & not one but TWO SWAT teams...

and in more lighthearted police-abuse news, check out what the Fresno PD did to this poor couple's home in response to a call from them that a homeless man had broken in... link. Look at that pic! What the shit is up with cops these days? It couldn't have necessitated more than one regular (ie not SWAT) officer, possibly another for backup, to get this guy out, and throw him in the drunk tank for a night before pointing him to the nearest homeless shelter... Instead they call out most of the local force, hostage negotiators, two helicopters, & not one but TWO SWAT teams...

I took a look at that picture and thought there is no way that is the damage to their house. Did a little google search and turns out that the address of their house is 2191 s rolinda ave, fresno and according to a few sites that I looked at it definitely isn't the same house. The picture in the article looks like a house that was hit by a tornado or something (note the dumpster and pod in the neighboring yard).

Talk about misleading the reader.

I took a look at that picture and thought there is no way that is the damage to their house. Did a little google search and turns out that the address of their house is 2191 s rolinda ave, fresno and according to a few sites that I looked at it definitely isn't the same house. The picture in the article looks like a house that was hit by a tornado or something (note the dumpster and pod in the neighboring yard).

Talk about misleading the reader.

you should email the site; I'm sure they'd like to know that.

I didn't see anything what the race or races of the construction workers who called the sheriff's department was or were, or what the race or races of the people they called at the construction company who instructed them to call the sheriff was or were; or what the race or races of the responding law enforcement was or were, what the race or races of the Jensens or their daughter is or are, or what the race of the hungry homeless guy is - there is a link that shows a picture of a guy who looks like he might be black being taken into custody by what looks like a military dispatch - if that's the actual guy, it appears he wasn't shot unwarrantedly, and in the photo he doesn't look like he's dead or severely injured.

So all that said I don't see why anything here would be described as racially biased.

If the sheriff's department fucked up and destroyed property unnecessarily, I guess the Jensens will collect reparations.

I don't know what the blog Fault Lines is.

The Fresno Bee is an actual real thing that has been in publication for almost 100 years; here is a Fresno Bee article about the Jessen's lawsuit with a picture of the house along with it; I don't know when this picture was taken but it definitely doesn't look like the same house shown in the Fault Lines article.

To me, this is a poor example of police abuse and racial bias. The suspect is a convicted felon who had outstanding warrants at the time, and he apparently wasn't harmless; he according to these reports, he was threatening to shoot and kill the police.

The report states that he was ultimately taken into custody without incident - this is hardly a case of a suspect being a victim of abuse or racial bias.

As far as whether law enforcement violated the actual victims' - the Jessens - rights will be determined in court.

EDIT: I thought I had linked to the image of the house; I guess the link defaults to the first image, so to see the house as shown by the Fresno Bee, you have to scroll to image #3.

Last edited:
and in more lighthearted police-abuse news, check out what the Fresno PD did to this poor couple's home in response to a call from them that a homeless man had broken in...

I'm going to give you a little friendly advise - try reading the shit you post before you post it.

The call didn't come from them; the call came from construction workers next door - the couple wasn't home at the time of the break in.

Additionally, if either the report from Fault Line, the Fresno Bee or the couple's petition to the court identified the guy as homeless (the guy's name is Chanley Un) I didn't catch that.

EDIT: Okay...apparently the Jessen's claimed this in their lawsuit that he was homeless...To arrest a singular, unarmed, hungry, homeless person the Fresno County Sheriff’s and Clovis Police Departments deployed and utilized the following...that's from the article; it's actually not verbatim from the lawsuit but an abridgment of point #23...

Anyways, the guy claimed to be armed, and there were firearms in the house, including a loaded .357 magnum. David Jessen claimed to the police at the time that it was stashed in a place where it couldn't be found, but how would he be able to know that for sure?

I don't know if they assumed at the time that the guy was homeless, or came to that knowledge between the time of the incident and the claims made in the lawsuit.

Last edited:
abusive policing isn't necessarily racially biased. it's just abusive... taking advantage of police power and immunity to abuse people and property.

and so the picture was wrong in my link. Big fuckin' deal. It's still insane they bring out that many cops and that much hardware for a homeless guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
abusive policing isn't necessarily racially biased. it's just abusive... taking advantage of police power and immunity to abuse people and property.

and so the picture was wrong in my link. Big fuckin' deal. It's still insane they bring out that many cops and that much hardware for a homeless guy.

You forget that USA is a country of scared sheep.

Just go to any airport for proof.

It don't matter if someone is homeless or not. The question is of perceived or reported threat. Plus with the continued militarization of US police forces, what do you expect?

Who was threatening to kill any officers who entered the premises. Say you are a police officer. How many of your fellow officers would you want with you in this situation? Three, 12? Just you?

How many would you want showing up to your house after you reported an intruder had entered it?

Who was threatening to kill any officers who entered the premises. Say you are a police officer. How many of your fellow officers would you want with you in this situation? Three, 12? Just you?

How many would you want showing up to your house after you reported an intruder had entered it?

2 guys. just two.

If I called the cops because some creep was in my house and they showed up with what amounts to a heavy infantry platoon, helicopters, tanks, etc. I'm asking them to stand down, and going inside myself with a baseball bat, or a lead pipe.

I don't need my house rendered uninhabitable because a bunch of wannabes are looking to play GI Joe (while undoubtedly racking up a boatload in OT pay as well).

Dude, the police were informed by the owner that there were guns in the house and the intruder was threatening to shoot the police. It wasn't racially motivated-the intruder wasn't even black-and he certainly wasn't homeless at the time of the incident - he was holed up in a house with a lot of firepower threatening the police. Whether he had a residence address elsewhere at the time or not doesn't make him any less dangerous.

Also his residential status is unknown. The homeowners claimed that he was homeless in their lawsuit but they also claimed in the lawsuit that he was harmless but she certainly was not.

2 guys. just two.

If I called the cops because some creep was in my house and they showed up with what amounts to a heavy infantry platoon, helicopters, tanks, etc. I'm asking them to stand down, and going inside myself with a baseball bat, or a lead pipe.

I don't need my house rendered uninhabitable because a bunch of wannabes are looking to play GI Joe (while undoubtedly racking up a boatload in OT pay as well).

Well, if you're that homeowner you're also a gun owner and the guy is in your house with access to your guns and threatening to shoot people who come inside.

I don't know if David Jassen (or whatever his name is) was carrying in his vehicle, but assuming he wasn't...was he going to go in there with a baseball bat or a lead pipe, knowing the guy was threatening to shoot anyone who came in - let alone, with Jassen's own gun?

In this case, the homeowners didn't report the intrusion - no one was home - it was two construction workers (presumably wetbacks, exercising their right to report crimes without fear of the reprisal of deportation under California's Sanctuary State policy; which evolved from the commie pinko Police Chief of Los Angeles Darryl Gates's Special Order 40 going back to the 70s) working on a property close by who reported the intrusion to the sherriff's department.

I see the homeowners here as being too cute by half here - I have very little doubt that at the time of the invasion of their home they viewed the suspect, Chanley Un, who was threatening the life of any potential entrant into their house that he had taken by armed seizure as being the desperate and dangerous violent recidivist criminal that he is (see the links to his defacto criminal dossier that I compiled in post #7); however, now that they're pursuing a lawsuit against the sheriff's department, they're describing him (really their lawyers) as "homeless, harmless and hungry."

Don't know why the Jessens didn't just tell the cops to go home, and offer to wait it out in their cars until Chanley had gotten enough to eat and wandered off on his merry way.

2 guys. just two.

lol..big talk. First of all, I don't think you'd go in there. If you did, you would probably get your ass kicked, or worse yet, shot with your own gun.

2 guys. just two.

Rule #1: never enter your home if you suspect it's been compromised.

Back