Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Louisville Round 2

Pitino, "we beat ourselves." Really, cuz I thought it was maybe Zak Irvin that made it close there at the end. Go fuck yourself coach, phantom calls and mistakes by the Wolverines isn't the same as Louisville beating itself.

Yep! that was what I took from his interview, too. No credit given to Michigan.

Yep! that was what I took from his interview, too. No credit given to Michigan.

He did say Michigan played great in the 2nd half. Nonetheless, I didn't expect a HC to say anything different..

JB always says something like, "Credit X team, they played great" then he'll talk about what his team did wrong or needs to improve on. I don't think he's ever said, "We beat ourselves." It's one thing to point out some errors you made and its another to say that the only reason you lost is because you made errors.

JB always says something like, "Credit X team, they played great" then he'll talk about what his team did wrong or needs to improve on. I don't think he's ever said, "We beat ourselves." It's one thing to point out some errors you made and its another to say that the only reason you lost is because you made errors.

This

Gave up 44 points in the paint, 15 offensive rebounds, and shot mediocre from three, yet they still win.

Great next man up attitude from this team. Walton has been the catalyst but several others have stepped up, with Mo leading the charge today.

I hope the basketball gods are smiling upon us and we do get another year from mo and dj. They're both getting some first round mentions now...

Gave up 44 points in the paint, 15 offensive rebounds, and shot mediocre from three, yet they still win.

Great next man up attitude from this team. Walton has been the catalyst but several others have stepped up, with Mo leading the charge today.

I hope the basketball gods are smiling upon us and we do get another year from mo and dj. They're both getting some first round mentions now...

it would also be unfortunate if they leave because they really only shined brightly during the tourney run... they took most of the season to find the right mix. a couple weeks in march-april is too short for most posters' attention spans. which means next winter we'll have to read through many, many clueless posts about how Beilein can't recruit good inside players/bigmen.

it would also be unfortunate if they leave because they really only shined brightly during the tourney run... they took most of the season to find the right mix. a couple weeks in march-april is too short for most posters' attention spans. which means next winter we'll have to read through many, many clueless posts about how Beilein can't recruit good inside players/bigmen.

Hopefully they see the value in coming back for one more year to work on improving their consistency and becoming team leaders. I feel pretty good about Wagner, but since DJ is a redshirt and already 21 years old, I'm getting nervous about him. I do think his skillset transcends age, and if he does come back and gains consistency he could easily be a top 10 pick, but I guess it will just come down to the usual factors; money and desire.

I don't see Mo going anywhere. if you havent read the story of his recruitment, you should. There is a link in the Beilein Recruiting thread, I believe. He could have played pro ball in Berlin but he wanted to "be a kid" and he loves the college basketball scene. I don't see that anything has changed with him but I guess you never really know.

Yeah Mo had a pro contract from his hometown team and turned it down. He was actually playing on the team and practicing with them before he came here. It is a great story.

We actually have two starters on the team being Mo and MAAR that are only here because someone Beilein knows emailed him to see if he would be interested in a player.

Back