Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Moe Wagner - Players Tribune

Loved every second of reading that! Moe is awesome and so is this team.

I was as frustrated, if not more than anyone else, with the team early in the Big 10 season because I had so much hope going into this year. Really thought we could compete for the Big 10 regular season title. Somehow all of that frustration and anger has made this season all the better. Watching these kids progress and continue to fight, improve and win is beautiful.

I've been happy to eat my crow for saying we should dump JB and just bring in Juwan as the next coach. That crow has been quite tasty and I'm quite aware that I can be a cynical asshole when things are going poorly.

I truly can't stress enough how happy I am that this team and staff made me eat my words. By the time tourney time rolled around all I wanted was to make it past the first weekend. I thought it would feel like we were playing with house money at that point, but I was wrong. This team feels special and it is special regardless of what happens tonight (but let's win!). GO BLUE

As excited as I've been about Wagner's potential from day one, his body language at times and constant complaints about every single call have nagged at me. After reading this, he gets a pass from the grumpy old man in me.

Sure it would be in his best interest not to complain...every...single...time...but this gives us a view into the person behind the player, and if one thing is for sure, it's that he cares. If that causes him to act in a way that I don't find perfect, oh well. As he matures he'll figure out how to channel that appropriately, but considering all of the people that don't give a shit in this world, I'm not going to be down on someone for caring too much.

Loved every second of reading that! Moe is awesome and so is this team.

I was as frustrated, if not more than anyone else, with the team early in the Big 10 season because I had so much hope going into this year. Really thought we could compete for the Big 10 regular season title. Somehow all of that frustration and anger has made this season all the better. Watching these kids progress and continue to fight, improve and win is beautiful.

I've been happy to eat my crow for saying we should dump JB and just bring in Juwan as the next coach. That crow has been quite tasty and I'm quite aware that I can be a cynical asshole when things are going poorly.

I truly can't stress enough how happy I am that this team and staff made me eat my words. By the time tourney time rolled around all I wanted was to make it past the first weekend. I thought it would feel like we were playing with house money at that point, but I was wrong. This team feels special and it is special regardless of what happens tonight (but let's win!). GO BLUE

And trust me, those that were clinging to any little bit of positivity that they could find (me), were just as frustrated. It sucked for all of us, and most of us were assholes in our own special way, but damn are you right that the turnaround has been a beautiful thing to see. No it doesn't erase the flaws of the program over the past couple years and the inherent limitations of Beilein's system, but that dude came through like a mother fucker with this group!

And trust me, those that were clinging to any little bit of positivity that they could find (me), were just as frustrated. It sucked for all of us, and most of us were assholes in our own special way, but damn are you right that the turnaround has been a beautiful thing to see. No it doesn't erase the flaws of the program over the past couple years and the inherent limitations of Beilein's system, but that dude came through like a mother fucker with this group!

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?!

Back