Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Oregon Sweet 16 Thread

Again any word on why Moe was on the bench up 3 with a 1 on 1 ft attempt? Because I perfer a 6'11 guy over a 6'8 guy there :/

That's sports. Whenever I think about how much it sucks to miss the final shot, I think about moments like 2013 when Burke hit a 900 footer against Kansas. Imagine how all those fans felt.

It just goes both ways. Take the good with the bad. I think the E8 was the peak for this team, they fell just short. Kansas could have beat us by 50 if we played like that again.

My friend said Moe wss holding his hand in the second half late . Maybe he was hurt .

Wish wilson had dunked that ball when he had a shot too. Both teams missed one of those . To bad ours was late in the game sadly :/

Last edited:
At no point during the course of this game did I say "Michigan deserves to win."

The offense was putrid, and Oregon smoked us on the boards. But despite all that, Michigan was still in it till the last second.

My friend said Moe wss holding his hand in the second half late . Maybe he was hurt .

Wish wilson had dunked that ball when he had a shot too. Both teams missed one of those . To bad ours was late in the game sadly :/

yeah, after that blocking foul he got up holding his wrist. maybe he was hurt?

At no point during the course of this game did I say "Michigan deserves to win."

The offense was putrid, and Oregon smoked us on the boards. But despite all that, Michigan was still in it till the last second.

I agree. But we lost like we always do. To many three misses and lost 2 key rebounds when we needed it sadly. Live by the three and die by the three I guess. I hate it becaue any one of this misses could have been a closer in attempt at 2 points :/

Last edited:
That was only our second Sweet 16 loss ever. 12-2 all-time now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Speaking of Burke, would any of you have been annoyed if the split second after Walton missed the three, someone you were watching with said "you're no Burke"

And those 2 missed offensive rebounds were the only 2 we gave up all game I read in mlive. To pissed and lazy to look it up .. again we lost by 1 point ..

Put any top talented freshmen on our team we are a final four team. Simpson was a non factor again and cost us 3 points on a dumb foul . I sure hope Livers is good enough to see minutes next season. If jb could get a Jackson or Bridges type player we are easily a final four team.

Last edited:
Terrific run at the end of the season. Wish they could have kept it going. I wasn't able to watch most of the season. Oh well, still B1G Tourney Champs and made it to the sweet 16! Would have liked to see the ball in Zak's hands for a final medium distance jump shot rather than the 3, only needed 2 for the win and it seems Zak was making that shot.

GO BLUE!

Terrific run at the end of the season. Wish they could have kept it going. I wasn't able to watch most of the season. Oh well, still B1G Tourney Champs and made it to the sweet 16! Would have liked to see the ball in Zak's hands for a final medium distance jump shot rather than the 3, only needed 2 for the win and it seems Zak was making that shot.

GO BLUE!

I'll take Walton and that shot all day. He was 3 for 4 up to that point, FWIW. Still can't believe that Oregon didn't string it out with their fouls to give. Oh well...

Go Blue!!

One point games are always a woulda coulda shoulda. I would of rather been blown out like Purdue. Shit like that doesnt sting as much. You know your team just wasnt good enough. We played our worst game in over a month and still only lost by one. It keeps one thinking what coulda been. I hate that, ugh!!!

was disappointed with the play last night, again, we got to see the best of Beilein ball for a few games there, then we got to be reminded of the worst; jacked up 3's, everyone standing out at the 3 point line, not moving, even the 6'10" guy thinking he is Larry Bird jacking up a 3 every time he got his hands on it, then he misses a 2 footer. Wilson was standing around the whole game with his shoulders slumped and his mouth hanging open. Team was jacking 3's and not rebounding.

On the last play, you have a time-out, why not use it? Your in bound play is to throw it to the back court when you're down 1 with 9 seconds? Then dribble it to the 3 pt line, dribble it until there is 2 seconds left, then jack up a 3? Why not send 4 guys into the paint, shoot the 3 earlier in the clock, and give yourself a chance at a rebound, anticipate the miss. It's not like you have to defend against the fast break, which is JB's typical excuse now for his teams not even bothering to try to rebound.

I know, I know, we shouldn't complain, but that game was there for the taking. They went 14-3 in their last 17 games, and the games they lost were each by one basket. Great run, but they could be in the elite 8 right now. Yeah, they played horrible, but Oregon didn't play much better.

Really wanting an explanation for why Wagner is on the bench the entire last 10 minutes. Duncan wasn't scoring, playing D, or rebounding. Could've used his size for those last 2 minutes where we missed those 2 rebounds that ended up costing the game. Was he hurt or was he just sitting cause he was sucking?

Stinks because Oregon is hanging with Kansas and up 5 late in the first half, and now up 11 at halftime :/

Last edited:
Back