Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

???

It literally is exactly this time of year -- Spring Football practice with the upcoming Spring Game. I don't "follow recruiting" but I've read the recent article on Speight and Gary and like the update.

And sitting on the beach here in Turks and Caicos, we've had two MICHIGAN groups next to us so far and talked a little Harbaugh, football and general MICHIGAN sports.

May to Dog Days of summer is the stretch I can't stand ...nothing but speculation and bickering and overrating of noter dame and the SEC.

???

It literally is exactly this time of year -- Spring Football practice with the upcoming Spring Game. I don't "follow recruiting" but I've read the recent article on Speight and Gary and like the update.

And sitting on the beach here in Turks and Caicos, we've had two MICHIGAN groups next to us so far and talked a little Harbaugh, football and general MICHIGAN sports.

May to Dog Days of summer is the stretch I can't stand ...nothing but speculation and bickering and overrating of noter dame and the SEC.

The worst part about this time of year is the weather. Other than that, lately football has had a big game at the end of the year, then recruiting has finished strong at the end of Jan and basketball has done enough to make it to the tournament most years -- which then takes you right into spring football and the spring game. After the spring game happens is the longest stretch because there's almost nothing Michigan to follow or talk about. On the other hand, that's when I take most of my vacations so my focus just shifts to other things.

Attachments

• IMG_5021.jpg
    IMG_5021.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
If you're gonna try to talk smart, at least spell the word right.

I'm not a good speller of words. I'll be the first to admit that. But desecrate is not all that rare of a word. Anyway, slagging nuns is a low play.

OK well, thanks for reading the whole thread and then taking the time to tell us all how much you all don't care. If you don't care, then don't click. It's really easy!!

???

Ha!

I was going to respond to Debbie Downer Dubbsco with something like this - actually, yes, it IS spring already; and this thread is about spring practice, which is going on now:

Spring Practice Report on the Athletic Department Website.

There's always been at least one spring practice link this time of year on this board - a lot of people pay attention to spring practice, not just us at Michigan but all the big football schools - ESPN televises a lot of spring games from around the country.

Not every fan is going to care much about spring practice, and that's fine, but a lot of people do, so we have spring practice threads every spring.

I've just learned that wishing away my summer for football season is such a horrible way to live. I used to do that when I was younger. Now, I'm going to fully enjoy the warmth while we have it.

I love football, but it NEVER lives up to the hype that we create during the off-season.

The worst part about this time of year is the weather. Other than that, lately football has had a big game at the end of the year, then recruiting has finished strong at the end of Jan and basketball has done enough to make it to the tournament most years -- which then takes you right into spring football and the spring game. After the spring game happens is the longest stretch because there's almost nothing Michigan to follow or talk about. On the other hand, that's when I take most of my vacations so my focus just shifts to other things.

Not everybody does, but I follow baseball and softball too - and if a person loves all things Michigan, softball is usually pretty good.

Softball got off to a bit of a poor start by Michigan's standards; but have come on strong of late and are ranked in the top 20.

Michigan baseball had been a B1G power back in the day then had languished for a number of years, but in recent years there's been a tournaround - win the B1G tournament within the last few years and this years is doing well and is also ranked in the top 20.

Both those seasons potentially go through June.

I've just learned that wishing away my summer for football season is such a horrible way to live. I used to do that when I was younger. Now, I'm going to fully enjoy the warmth while we have it.

I love football, but it NEVER lives up to the hype that we create during the off-season.

Never?! What do you mean?! For example, do you mean one national championship over the past 69 years?

I'm not wishing away the entire spring and summer by posting a few spring practice football reports. We get it. You don't care...then quit reading and responding. No one cares that you don't care.

Oh good lord. You've been doing this whole bit for like 90 years.

I'll comment. If you don't like the comment, ignore or reply. Either way is fine with me.

That's how the world of message boards and free speech works.

Last edited:
I'm just glad that nobody is wasting their time talking about football anymore. It's really not all that interesting, and the team doesn't live up to my expectations. Makes much more sense to talk about enjoying Summer, while I sit at a computer and make pointless off topic posts, during Spring.

I'm just glad that nobody is wasting their time talking about football anymore. It's really not all that interesting, and the team doesn't live up to my expectations. Makes much more sense to talk about enjoying Summer, while I sit at a computer and make pointless off topic posts, during Spring.

The team's Rome trip after the spring game sounds pretty cool.

Does anybody know where they're going to be staying?

Damnit Tinsel don't quote him, I've had him blocked since last year. Don't need to see the condescending crap that basically comes out of 9/10 posts.

To answer your question, the Coliseum maybe?

According to this, the AS Roma Soccer Club.

According to wikipedia, the AS Roma Soccer club plays at Stadio Flaminio in Rome.

So maybe they practice there, and stay nearby.

Back