Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

If Wisenhunt has done jack... Then Caldwell has done equally jack...

Enough of these circular arguments, they are getting exhausting. Caldwell is not a super bowl caliber coach, which was the initial argument. I'll go ahead and settle with him being okay, and call it a day.

I hate it when they're not Super Bowl caliber coaches and they actually WIN a Super Bowl. And then actually win another one too. So weird. I wonder if he threw those rings in the garbage and tells everybody that he probably didn't deserve them because, well, you know, he's not a Super Bowl caliber coach. lmfao....dumbest shit i have ever read...wow.

whisenhunt single handedly resurrected rivers career last year...much better coaching job than Caldwell has ever done. And wana talk to about injuries and lack of talent at WR.....check out the chargers roster last year.

No he didn't. Frank Reich did.

I don't agree with that all. You do though. Only because you're completely obsessed about Stafford failing.

Caldwell is here because he's a good football coach. Why is he here? Only a retard would ask that question lol. Why the fuck do you think he's here, you dummy? Wtf

it was a jab at Stafford...I guess you missed it lol.

it was a jab at Stafford...I guess you missed it lol.

Not even close to missing it, bud. It's what you do. You bash Stafford when we're not even talking about him..lol. We could be talking about the fn Tigers and you bash the kid. Like clockwork.

Missed it? Nice try

I'm curious to know where Caldwell ranks among active HCs...is he like top 10 or something because of that SB appearance?

What's Mike Martz up to? How about Bill Callahan, Lovie Smith? Wisenhunt is not bad. I don't really consider Andy Reid and Jeff Fisher "elite" coaches (those two are pretty good). Those guys have all been to a super bowl.

Caldwell is not a super bowl caliber coach. He didn't win a Super Bowl ring as a head coach. There are 90000000000 coordinators, assistants, etc that have super bowl rings and aren't head coaches. When he proves it at the top, then I'll give him his props.

Not even close to missing it, bud. It's what you do. You bash Stafford when we're not even talking about him..lol. We could be talking about the fn Tigers and you bash the kid. Like clockwork.

Missed it? Nice try

Then stop asking dumb questions when you know im messing around and you wont get dumb answers?

What's Mike Martz up to? How about Bill Callahan, Lovie Smith? Wisenhunt is not bad. I don't really consider Andy Reid and Jeff Fisher "elite" coaches (those two are pretty good). Those guys have all been to a super bowl.

Caldwell is not a super bowl caliber coach. He didn't win a Super Bowl ring as a head coach. There are 90000000000 coordinators, assistants, etc that have super bowl rings and aren't head coaches. When he proves it at the top, then I'll give him his props.

He went to one. Just like Reid and Fisher. And Caldwell has won as an OC with Joe Flacco and very important QB coach that Peyton gives a ton of credit too.

That's exactly my point LKP, that's why I brought those names up. Those guys went to a Super Bowl, and aren't "Super Bowl Caliber" coaches. Every coach has its day. Rex Ryan took the Jets to a good run in the playoffs, and I don't think he's a very good coach.

Caldwell is more of an unknown to me anyway. He went to a SB with quite possibly the best QB to ever play the game, then got canned after the next season when management wanted to tank.

Wake Forest doesn't look good for Caldwell, but college football is a different animal. I feel like a good coach would've been able to turn around a team in a conference that isn't exactly a powerhouse. If he was just a shitty recruiter, then that won't matter in the NFL. If he makes terrible in-game decisions and can't hold a locker room together, then the Lions will have a problem.

That's exactly my point LKP, that's why I brought those names up. Those guys went to a Super Bowl, and aren't "Super Bowl Caliber" coaches. Every coach has its day. Rex Ryan took the Jets to a good run in the playoffs, and I don't think he's a very good coach.

Caldwell didn't just go to one though. Neither did Austin.

Imo, Caldwell has done little as an NFL HC. Or at least I wouldn't put him ahead of the line..

All we know is he can win with Peyton Manning. Everyone wins with Peyton Manning.

I get annoyed that his time at Wake Forest just gets ignored. Take a guy like Jim Harbaugh. Guy gets hired at Stanford, and promptly turns them into a giant. If he decided to leave San Fran today and go coach at Marshall, he would get them 11, 12 wins a year. A good coach can turn college teams into giants in a hurry.

Last edited:
I get annoyed that his time at Wake Forest just gets ignored. Take a guy like Jim Harbaugh. Guy gets hired at Stanford, and promptly turns them into a giant. If he decided to leave San Fran today and go coach at Marshall, he would get them 11, 12 wins a year. A good coach can turn college teams into giants in a hurry.

I think Grandy hit part of the head on that one, maybe he was bad at recruiting? Which has no effect here..

Though personally for an NFL HC I don't really care about the college teams they coached.

Recruiting is HIGHLY overrated in college football. Hoke is bringing in top 10 classes, and the team looks horrible. Dantonio's classes barely scrap the top 25, and he has MSU playing like a power. Good coaches take what they have, get the right fits, and make them work. Coaching is coaching.

Recruiting is HIGHLY overrated in college football. Hoke is bringing in top 10 classes, and the team looks horrible. Dantonio's classes barely scrap the top 25, and he has MSU playing like a power. Good coaches take what they have, get the right fits, and make them work. Coaching is coaching.

Recruiting numbers like top 25 or top 3 are just guesses based on the ratings they get after HS. They don't consider that some studs become duds and two star become 5 star.

In any event..I don't care about the college rank resume.

And further, maybe the coaches he had with him at WF weren't any good.

And it's a little unfair for Hoke. Not sure how long it's suppose to take but we had a pro system, changed system because of Rich Rod then changed back. It can't be easy.

Last edited:
Back