Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Durant to the Golden State Warriors

Well so much for that pipe dream....

This signing should make the Warriors the favorites next year.

Celtics might look to trade for Cousins and/or revisit the Butler trade with the bulls.

r u a celtics fan?

The only boston team I like and follow since I was a kid when we moved here.

Dad's job was in a 7 or 8 story building right next to the old Boston Garden.
The Celtic's front / executive offices were also in the same building.
Saturdays, I would take a bus and train to North Station and meet him for lunch at the restaurant right there on Causeway St.

After lunch, we would go up to dad's company and many times I would see Cousy, Heinsohn, Sam and KC Jones, and Havlicek, etc. They were always friendly to me as a kid of 10/11 to young teen. So that's why.

Plus we loved the Celtics announcer who most everyone else hated, the legendary Johnny Most....."Havlicek Stole The Ball", "Bird Steals The Pass over to DJ Lays It Up And In".

The only boston team I like and follow since I was a kid when we moved here.

Dad's job was in a 7 or 8 story building right next to the old Boston Garden.
The Celtic's front / executive offices were also in the same building.
Saturdays, I would take a bus and train to North Station and meet him for lunch at the restaurant right there on Causeway St.

After lunch, we would go up to dad's company and many times I would see Cousy, Heinsohn, Sam and KC Jones, and Havlicek, etc. They were always friendly to me as a kid of 10/11 to young teen. So that's why.

Plus we loved the Celtics announcer who most everyone else hated, the legendary Johnny Most....."Havlicek Stole The Ball", "Bird Steals The Pass over to DJ Lays It Up And In".

sounds like a dream for a kid.

For some reason I thought you hated all of the Boston teams...maybe it's just the Red Sox?

sounds like a dream for a kid.

For some reason I thought you hated all of the Boston teams...maybe it's just the Red Sox?

It was great. I did get a few of their autographs, but damn know what happened to them.

I do hate the redsox, and fans, and patriots, and fans, and bruins and their ultimate goons. and all their dick blowing talk radio and tv crew ball lickers.

So much easier living amongst them before 2004...

It isn't easy living here and growing up amongst so many MassHoles!!!

I wear my Tigers home and away caps, and Gordie Howe shirt with pride!!

Last edited:
i do hate the redsox, and fans, and patriots, and fans, and bruins and their ultimate goons. And all their dick blowing talk radio and tv crew ball lickers.

So much easier living amongst them before 2004...

It isn't easy living here and growing up amongst so many massholes!!!

lol

Durant's improvement as an all around player cannot be understated. He was a 28-8-5 player last season and has become an excellent defender. He's a better defensive rebounder than people realize too. Having played with Westbrook he has learned to play without the ball better and be more efficient.

The Golden State fast break is going to be unreal this year.

That's just cold. That day bothered me for a while.. Finally beat Boston "what just happened?" Went from dancing in the streets to crying in your sleep.

That's just cold. That day bothered me for a while.. Finally beat Boston "what just happened?" Went from dancing in the streets to crying in your sleep.

The Havlicek was either vs. the 76'ers or the Lakers. Was Bird stealing to DJ vs. the Pistons? if so sorry. But the Pistons beat them and finally won some championships.
Got screwed vs. the Lakers on a phantom foul to Kareem? Believe me, everyone here wanted the Pistons to beat LA.

Name me a 5 man unit from the rest of the NBA better than Curry, Klay, Iguadala, Durant, and Green.

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close. The next 5 might be Cousins, George, Liliard, Lowry, and Wall wouldn't be as good as GS.

Name me a 5 man unit from the rest of the NBA better than Curry, Klay, Iguadala, Durant, and Green.

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close. The next 5 might be Cousins, George, Liliard, Lowry, and Wall wouldn't be as good as GS.

That 3rd Lineup is gross lol

Paul, Westbrook, Leonard, James, and Davis would be a little better, but it is close.

Paul, Leonard, James and any 2 "all star caliber" players would be better than GS's starting 5

Fun game. Rather than look for a better lineup, I'll just try to figure out the best overall starting 5.

PG - Curry: He's the reigning two time MVP and obvious choice.
SG - Butler: If I could pick any guard, I'd probably take Westbrook, but for true SGs, Butler is at the top because he defends, then Harden-Middleton-Thompson.
SF - Leonard: Reigning DPOY and also one of the top 10 scorers in the league. It was tough between him and Durant, but what edge KD has in offense, Leonard more than makes up in defense.
PF - Lebron: Again between him and Durant, as both spent significant time at PF last year. This might change in a year as Lebron ages, but as of last year, his all-around skillset was still a bit better.
C - Green: A bit of a cheat as he didn't spend as much time here as you might think (only about 20% of his minutes). But if you count him here, he's by far the easiest pick.

Fun game. Rather than look for a better lineup, I'll just try to figure out the best overall starting 5.

PG - Curry: He's the reigning two time MVP and obvious choice.
SG - Butler: If I could pick any guard, I'd probably take Westbrook, but for true SGs, Butler is at the top because he defends, then Harden-Middleton-Thompson.
SF - Leonard: Reigning DPOY and also one of the top 10 scorers in the league. It was tough between him and Durant, but what edge KD has in offense, Leonard more than makes up in defense.
PF - Lebron: Again between him and Durant, as both spent significant time at PF last year. This might change in a year as Lebron ages, but as of last year, his all-around skillset was still a bit better.
C - Green: A bit of a cheat as he didn't spend as much time here as you might think (only about 20% of his minutes). But if you count him here, he's by far the easiest pick.

How would your lineup do vs.

PG Paul
SG Harden
SF KD
C Cousins
FP A Davis

Back