Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OPINION - AP should not play this year

zyxt9

Just because he had the financial means to push the trial through and the lawyer convinced him that pleading No Contest would be the fastest and "least guilty" way to handle the situation (again, my opinion), I hope the NFL keeps him banned for at least 2014. The arrogance that AP showed in requesting immediate reinstatement shows that he has yet to really come to terms with what he did. He wants to return to life as normal.

If I'm the employer (NFL), I want to make sure he has undergone psych help on how to deal with children. Right now the only change that has really happened is he won't use a switch again, but what other methods will he use to discipline his kids in the future. He should undergo extensive parenting counseling to make sure he completely understands not only that physical abuse is wrong, but what the alternatives are and work through how to implement those alternatives. These things are far more important than playing football, and the NFL should use this as an opportunity to make that message loud and clear. Not to make an example of AP, but to provide an example to all men and women who think AP didn't really do anything that bad that it is unacceptable and better parenting is more important than pretty much anything else.

It's more important than playing football for certain, and if he is playing football that means he isn't focused on that which is more important, learning how to become a better father...which is something money and fame cannot provide.

I think he should be re-instated immediately. I have him on my fantasy team and he would help me make the playoffs.

Getting paid anyways, right? And Maybe Minny doesn't want him back?

Goodell will have to work with the NFLPA which wont be easy. Im sure the NFLPA will want immediate reinstatement since hes already sat 8 games. Cant remember if those were still paid or not since hes on that special "list" so im sure if they do use those 8 games as a punishment he will atleast owe 8 game checks to the league. Just a guess....

Then theres the matter of once hes reinstated do the Vikings want him?

Goodell will have to work with the NFLPA which wont be easy. Im sure the NFLPA will want immediate reinstatement since hes already sat 8 games. Cant remember if those were still paid or not since hes on that special "list" so im sure if they do use those 8 games as a punishment he will atleast owe 8 game checks to the league. Just a guess....

Then theres the matter of once hes reinstated do the Vikings want him?

The Vikings might not want him but I'm sure they'll take him back..

Let's say he is reinstated tomorrow and the Vikings release him. If the Lions could sign him for the vet. minimum would you guys want him on the team?

Let's say he is reinstated tomorrow and the Vikings release him. If the Lions could sign him for the vet. minimum would you guys want him on the team?

100% yes. The legal process has been completed. What would happen if you or i got arrested for spousal or child abuse? Would we get fired? Neither should he.

100% yes. The legal process has been completed. What would happen if you or i got arrested for spousal or child abuse? Would we get fired? Neither should he.

Depends on what state, at will states (I believe Michigan is still one) get fired for worse. Especially when he admitted it. Now an NFL team won't just dismiss a star athlete. But a regular job, sure I could see it.

Btw, recent teacher got fired because she stopped a little kid from getting the crap beat out of him. That's some bullshit.

Last edited:
Depends on how many games a misdemeanor gets you. If its more than 8 games then he should sit longer, if its less then he should pay the equivalent game check fine and play.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect someone to not work. It is possible to work on yourself and continue to do your job.

OMG yes. Imagine that? AP in the backfield and CJ out wide?? lol

Don't forget Tate!

Of course they would still have Stafford and his woes, but that would just be considered the great neutralizer! ;P

Back