Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tough loss but

zyxt9

MSU can still win out and win the NC.

Chin up, focus on winning next game. Good luck!

Not being funny.

Better MSU than OSU or ND.

Iowa would be another BiG team I would be ok with winning out. Just keep ND out of the playoffs damn it!

Doubtful at this point unless a lot of carnage happens in other conferences. Clemson is probably not losing at this point. Whoever the Big 12 champ ends up being is probably in, even with 1 loss. It's possible the SEC champ could have two losses, but not a given. Notre Dame would have added road win over Stanford if they were to be sitting there with 1 loss, but if Stanford wins that and wins the Pac 12 they have a good case. And anyone else who ends up with 1 loss will have a better loss than ours.

doubtful. if we can't beat a horrible B1G West team we have no shot at winning in Columbus. No shot. Right now the best we can hope for is beating the crap out of TCU and embarrassing Gary Patterson in some bowl game

Doubtful at this point unless a lot of carnage happens in other conferences. Clemson is probably not losing at this point. Whoever the Big 12 champ ends up being is probably in, even with 1 loss. It's possible the SEC champ could have two losses, but not a given. Notre Dame would have added road win over Stanford if they were to be sitting there with 1 loss, but if Stanford wins that and wins the Pac 12 they have a good case. And anyone else who ends up with 1 loss will have a better loss than ours.

I agree with every word of this post. Not only do I think we have a slim chance to win at OSU but even if we run the table and win out I think we're on the outside looking in.

Actually, win out and we have an excellent chance to make the playoffs. Nothing really changed, beat Ohio State and we are probably in. Nate Silver said so today.

Doubt we beat Ohio State though, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Actually, win out and we have an excellent chance to make the playoffs. Nothing really changed, beat Ohio State and we are probably in. Nate Silver said so today.

Doubt we beat Ohio State though, but stranger things have happened.

our secondary would need to be fired and a whole new crew between now and then

Not being funny.

Better MSU than OSU or ND.

Iowa would be another BiG team I would be ok with winning out. Just keep ND out of the playoffs damn it!

I can see a Michigan fan rooting for the Spartans if Michigan were mathematically eliminated from the Big Ten title race-I would too-but I don't get it when Michigan is still in contention for the Big Ten championship.

Not rooting for MSU over UM. I'm saying IF MSU wins out they have a chance so keep focused and chins up.

I specifically said better MSU than OSU or ND. I never said better MSU than UM. I also said I'm good with Iowa winning out, which is true. At no point did I say I'm putting any of them ahead of UM though, or even rooting for them...I just said I'm good with it if they do.

And if you are referring to the "Good luck!" part, nothing wrong with wishing MSU "Good luck!" either. I didn't say "Hope you have better luck than UM!"

Sorry, I just don't consider MSU on the same level of animosity/hate/whatever as OSU, ND, USC, any SEC team, Florida St, and many others. MSU fans don't reciprocate that, but so what? UM is a hated rival for most MSU fans, but I've never thought MSU was a hated rival for most UM fans, even with their record in the matchup in the Dantonio era.

When and if Michigan is mathematically eliminated from the B1G championship race I'll root for the other Michigan school-not that my rooting changes anything.

Until then I gotta want the Spartans to lose again.

Back