Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Land Reggie Jackson

I thought the Kyle Singler fan club might enjoy this reddit post I stumbled upon:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3vqw8w/kyle_singler_is_the_worst_player_in_the_nba_and/

Kyle Singler is the worst player in the NBA getting regular minutes. I've felt like his nightly turds have been going under the radar, so I just wanted to make more people aware. Awareness is the first step toward real change.

A quick recap of his season:

193 minutes played, zero assists. Zero. In the Zero-Assist Club, JaVale McGee is in second in terms of most minutes played without an assist. He has played 45 minutes.

Shooting splits of 23.5/20/50. Those numbers don't even add up to 100. I know that's completely arbitrary and has no meaning, but still.

He has a -1.16 PER. He is currently the only player in the league with a negative PER. Sasha Vujacic has a positive PER. /u/WeRallGOATS pointed out that this is the lowest PER in NBA history among players who have played at least 150 minutes.

He's averaging 8.3 fouls per 48 minutes. Tonight, he had 4 fouls in 14 minutes played.
This summer, GM Sam Presti signed Kyle to a 5-year, $25 million deal. That deal runs through the summer of 2020, which sounds insane because it is insane.

This truly is one of the greatest all-time slumps for a random player and I hope that more people will now be able to appreciate it.

I'm glad Jackson is proving me wrong, I didn't believe in him but so far he's looking like a top 10 PG this year, Singler was coming off a pretty damn good year shooting over 40% from 3 but he looks like he's lost it, getting Jackson for what the Pistons gave up is looking like a steal at this point, I hope he keeps getting better because he does have tendancy of dribbling into no man's land and turns it over and his shooting needs to continue to improve but so far so good.

Back