Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Tirico going to NBC

NBC has all the good play-by-play guys that do NFL now. I wan't a fan of Gruden. I wonder who they'll put in the booth with Tirico for Thursday Night Football? I'd like to eventually see Manning join the booth as a color analyst. I think he might be good after a couple years. Outside of Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth, I don't like any of the top broadcast teams.

I'd rank them like this.
1. Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth
2. Mike Tirico/Jon Gruden
3. Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
4. Joe Buck/Troy Aikman

NBC has all the good play-by-play guys that do NFL now. I wan't a fan of Gruden. I wonder who they'll put in the booth with Tirico for Thursday Night Football? I'd like to eventually see Manning join the booth as a color analyst. I think he might be good after a couple years. Outside of Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth, I don't like any of the top broadcast teams.

I'd rank them like this.
1. Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth
2. Mike Tirico/Jon Gruden
3. Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
4. Joe Buck/Troy Aikman

1, 2, and 4 suck IMO. Can't stand Gruden. Nor Collinsworth. Buck and Aikman are just terrible. I don't mind Mantz and Simms.

Ugh, what a HUGE loss. It's not often I get bummed out about announcers leaving, but he was such a great call on college football, and I loved him with Dakich on college basketball. Now you'll hear him once a week on football and other obscure NBC matches.

1, 2, and 4 suck IMO. Can't stand Gruden. Nor Collinsworth. Buck and Aikman are just terrible. I don't mind Mantz and Simms.

Haha, I actually think Nantz is alright, I just think Simms is worse than Gruden. I hate the Buck/Aikman team because I despise Joe Buck. I don't watch much baseball but if it's Joe Buck calling the game, I'd rather not watch at all or watch on mute.

Here's what I'm talking about with Simms:
https://twitter.com/philsimmsquotes?lang=en

Nantz used to be good. Now he's a clown. Giving out ties to players? The ridiculous Masters voice? It's too much, he's in love with himself.

Back