Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sanders meets with Obama

We agree on a very small detail. What you're missing is the logic behind calling something an internship so you can avoid paying someone and claiming that the experience itself is pay enough is ridiculous. The experience is part of the value proposition for every job and it's factored into wages. It is precisely the argument behind being able to pay low skill workers lower wages.

Some of the candidates support a minimum wage, to my knowledge, only Bernie supports a living wage. The fact that he demands others pay $15/hour then calling his low skill workers "interns" is smoke and mirrors. It's hard to believe bernie people don't see it that way. They're either fools or they're making excuses for the old man. Whichever it is isn't important - he is still a hypocrite.

By the way, I have absolutely no problem with people working as unpaid or low paid interns. I think all employer/employee consensual relationships should settle at a mutually agreed upon wage. I'm just not foolish enough to think Sanders isn't a hypocrite for not paying all his employees a living wage.

So if he didn't pay his interns anything, you would be A-Ok with his intern program?

So if he didn't pay his interns anything, you would be A-Ok with his intern program?

No, you're not paying attention. he would still be a hypocrite. If he wasn't out preaching that every job in America should pay a living wage and/or this $15/hr minimum wage nonsense and instead allowed employers and employees find a mutually agreeable wage, then I'd be ok with him not paying his interns.

No, you're not paying attention. he would still be a hypocrite. If he wasn't out preaching that every job in America should pay a living wage and/or this $15/hr minimum wage nonsense and instead allowed employers and employees find a mutually agreeable wage, then I'd be ok with him not paying his interns.

No, I really am. If other candidates are in support of a minimum wage, which several are, whether it be 7.25/hr or .25/hr and pay their interns nothing, how is that any different?

No, I really am. If other candidates are in support of a minimum wage, which several are, whether it be 7.25/hr or .25/hr and pay their interns nothing, how is that any different?

No, you're really not. No other candidate is campaigning on a living wage, $15 now or increasing the minimum wage. Hillary is paying lip service to it to appease the extreme left, but she doesn't give a crap about it. There is a massive difference between saying you're ok with a policy that has been law for decades then basically ignoring the issue and making massive increases to it a major pillar of your platform.

Last edited:
LOL, the DNC had picked Hillary back in May 2015, a full month after DSH Sanders launched his campaign - even though they're supposed to be impartial and let the people pick the candidate/platform. But pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, the DNC isn't nearly as corrupt and dysfunctional at the RNC, so it's all good...

http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/leaked-document-shows-the-dnc-wanted-clinton-from-start/

Been saying that for months. GOP has been getting shit on because the Trump fiasco while the DNC gets a pass for it's bullshit. DNC has been 10x more corrupt and dysfunctional in this election season, for sure. At least the GOP came out and said, "fuck this Trump guy, we don't want him." The DNC has tried to hide the fact that they hand chose their candidate a long, long time ago.

Between the fuckery in Nevada, Bill campaigning at polling places illegally, super delegate bullshit in the media, and the list goes on and on. The DNC might be smug right now because their golden goose is headed for the White House but they burned a shit load of bridges and disenchanted a lot of voters. Their day is coming. I hope electing a crook was worth it.

Been saying that for months. GOP has been getting shit on because the Trump fiasco while the DNC gets a pass for it's bullshit. DNC has been 10x more corrupt and dysfunctional in this election season, for sure.

Yes the DNC being in the bag for Hillary has been openly discussed on this board from the start. I haven't seen anyone dispute it.

Yes the DNC being in the bag for Hillary has been openly discussed on this board from the start. I haven't seen anyone dispute it.

The DNC has disputed it all along. Plus this is clear evidence that what was suspected of the DNC is real and that they're as corrupt and dysfunctional as the RNC.

The DNC has disputed it all along. Plus this is clear evidence that what was suspected of the DNC is real and that they're as corrupt and dysfunctional as the RNC.

Right.

I was just talking about this board.

I haven't seen anyone dispute it in any post on this board; liberal, conservative, or mixed/in between.

Agreed. If the republican party was more corrupt, it wouldn't be Trump. If the dems were less corrupt, it wouldn't be Hilary.

The DNC is corrupt and sleazy.

The RNC is corrupt as well, but currently they're more incompetent and bumbling than corrupt (hence end up nominating a candidate nobody wanted, who couldn't win a local school board post in Florida, let alone POTUS). the RNC is also retarded.

The DNC is corrupt and sleazy.

The RNC is corrupt as well, but currently they're more incompetent and bumbling than corrupt (hence end up nominating a candidate nobody wanted, who couldn't win a local school board post in Florida, let alone POTUS). the RNC is also retarded.

A candidate nobody wanted? The guy got 13.3mm primary votes, second only to HRC and she only had one real opponent that got any votes.

The DNC is chaired by Debbie Wasserman Shultz who gives Nancy Pelosi one hell of a fight for the title of dumbest person on the planet, in addition to being a pathological liar, but it's the RNC that is retarded - the DNC is just corrupt. Good one.

Last edited:
Back