Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

George W. hams it up at memorial for Dallas PD

His thinning hair makes him look significantly older. I hate getting old. I still get carded fairly regularly. How old do you need to be for that to stop? Or does it? Are there enough people out there that just card everyone?

His thinning hair makes him look significantly older. I hate getting old. I still get carded fairly regularly. How old do you need to be for that to stop? Or does it? Are there enough people out there that just card everyone?

George W. doesn't get carded anymore.

if I'm with my kids I don't usually get carded.

I actually don't think I've been carded once since I moved to TX whether Im with them or not.

Me and George should go out drinkin' some time. I don't know how often he makes it down to Houston... guessing the Bushes were more Dallas-folk, even though the airport here is named for George Sr. Crawford, TX is about halfway between Hou & Dal though.

Did I ever tell you about the time I got to shake his hand at an event in Michigan? it was for lawsuit reform. (yuck.) my uncle was one of the speakers at his event and we all got front row seats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when my Dad was at my brothers funeral back in 2004. He acted similarly. Soon after, diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Never know..

Looked like Obama and the first lady thought it was funny.

to me it looked like they were initially annoyed, then smiled awkwardly in the way people do when someone nearby them is acting like a jackass, and they know everyone is looking at their reaction.

I remember when my Dad was at my brothers funeral back in 2004. He acted similarly. Soon after, diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Never know..

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease...sorry. Also, sorry about your brother. A parent should never have to bury their children.

I think that entire moment is awkward. The hand-holding, the song ... all just odd, so GWBs oddness oddly fits right in.

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease...sorry. Also, sorry about your brother. A parent should never have to bury their children.

Thank you. I wouldn't be shocked if George W. is suffering from something of that sort. Before my Dad passed I spent 9 years taking caring of him, each day, and you pick up some mannerisms. On how they behave etc. A somber moment like in Dallas, you don't sway like that.

Just eerie because it was the exact way my Dad acted.

To be fair to the old guy, the first time I ever laid my hands on a hot black MILF I got pretty excited about it too.

How would Alzheimer's make a W any different than he was when he was president?

Last edited:
To be fair to the old guy, the first time I ever laid my hands on a hot black MILF I got pretty excited about it too.

How would Alzheimer's make a W any different than he was when he was president?

I doubt he looked happy at a funeral. I suspect anyway.

I suspect he went senile after leaving office, doesn't he spent hours by himself painting now or something

Back