Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elon Musk : SpaceX is going to a Mars in 2018

So here's a tough call, I think. I you could pick one but not the other thing to happen in your lifetime, both Musk-related, would you want people to get to Mars and back (but no more activity there than we've had on the moon) or would you want hyperloops to make long distance travel over land fast and let's say...half the current cost of airfare?

I think I vote Mars.

I think it's mars. But we need to start establishing a permanent presence out in the Solar system. Sadly probably a 50 to 100 years away. If we don't china will beat us to some of these places.

I listen to it all. I think he left alot of details out and I think this is just a start. I think his time lime is way to ambitious. Many people sure are ripping him in these articles above. i agree I hope he does it .

Last edited:
Musk wants to be the railway to mars. He was pretty cavalier about the details like radiation protection and infrastructure of the mars city. He basically said that was other people's problems .

Back