Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wazzu in the Holiday Bowl

johnny2x2x

MSU gets the #18 Cougars. Quality match up between 2 top 20 teams. Chance to make a big impression going into the off season.

Wazzu has the Air Raid offense, they pass for 372 yards a game, 2nd in the country. Their defense is good too.

Wazzu's top 2 WRs who combined for 1400 yards on 130 receptions and 16 TDs have both left the team.

MSU gets the #18 Cougars. Quality match up between 2 top 20 teams. Chance to make a big impression going into the off season.

Wazzu has the Air Raid offense, they pass for 372 yards a game, 2nd in the country. Their defense is good too.

Wazzu's top 2 WRs who combined for 1400 yards on 130 receptions and 16 TDs have both left the team.

We did play a mike leach team in 2010 texas tech, he was fired before then but it was still a leach style team

Wazzu All American DE, HErcules Mata"ata will miss the first half of the Bowl game because of a targeting call in the 2nd half vs Washington.

Wazzu's QB, Luke Falk, had surgery on his left wrist after the season and has been seen in what looks like a hard cast. He is questionable tonight. I don't think you'd be able to catch the shotgun snap with a cast in your off hand.

Last edited:
You guys ready? HUGE game today.

what time is kickoff?

got the "nice" Green and White chips & salsa bowl out?

Giant foam finger ready?

"Fuck Michigan" t-shirt all pressed and ironed?

plenty of Bud Light on ice?

What time are the boys comin' over?

who's making the official game thread? gotime? Johnny? sbee? booger? mack?

what time is kickoff?

Giant foam finger ready?

14-0
8-2
Have fun in the Loser Bowl.

what time is kickoff?

Giant foam finger ready?

9pm Eastern, it?s on FS1

Nope, probably rolling with wings or nachos

I do own a foam finger but it was a free giveaway. Does anyone actually wear those?

Also don?t own a Fuck Michigan T-shirt but that?s a good Christmas present idea for next year though.

Nah, more of a Coors Light guy if I go with a cheap beer

Heading over to my buddy?s at about 8:30

Going to assume this thread of Johnny?s will be the de facto thread

9pm Eastern, it’s on FS1

Nope, probably rolling with wings or nachos

I do own a foam finger but it was a free giveaway. Does anyone actually wear those?

Also don’t own a Fuck Michigan T-shirt but that’s a good Christmas present idea for next year though.

Nah, more of a Coors Light guy if I go with a cheap beer

Heading over to my buddy’s at about 8:30

Going to assume this thread of Johnny’s will be the de facto thread

do you do your own wings? if so, how do you prepare them? I used to make my own sauce and do a combo of grilling/baking but found the marginal return isn't worth the effort. Now I just brush olive oil on both sides and sprinkle 'em with cayenne pepper (same as before) but now I cook them entirely on the grill - low heat for about 30 to 40 mins, then crank it up at the end to crisp em. For the sauce, I just slather them in Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Sauce. Much easier and I can't tell much difference.

Bud heavy is the lightest beer I drink, and probably my favorite or at least the beer I drink the most. I have some delicious Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpins teed up but it's not a session beer - too filling, I start feeling bloated after 3. I'm fighting a cold though so may have to skip the beers altogether tonight.

I don't have much use for clothing with profane messages plus I like michigan despite so many of their fans being complete douchebags (like turd). I'll have their game on in the background while I'm making chili and getting ready for the games that matter - unless Auburn doesn't blow UCF out of the water, then I'll have that game on in the background and flip to michigan during commercials.

do you do your own wings? if so, how do you prepare them? I used to make my own sauce and do a combo of grilling/baking but found the marginal return isn't worth the effort. Now I just brush olive oil on both sides and sprinkle 'em with cayenne pepper (same as before) but now I cook them entirely on the grill - low heat for about 30 to 40 mins, then crank it up at the end to crisp em. For the sauce, I just slather them in Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Sauce. Much easier and I can't tell much difference.

Bud heavy is the lightest beer I drink, and probably my favorite or at least the beer I drink the most. I have some delicious Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpins teed up but it's not a session beer - too filling, I start feeling bloated after 3. I'm fighting a cold though so may have to skip the beers altogether tonight.

I don't have much use for clothing with profane messages plus I like michigan despite so many of their fans being complete douchebags (like turd). I'll have their game on in the background while I'm making chili and getting ready for the games that matter - unless Auburn doesn't blow UCF out of the water, then I'll have that game on in the background and flip to michigan during commercials.

I?m too damn lazy to do my own wings, I generally just buy predone ones at a grocery store or have them at a sports bar type place. I do love Sweet Baby Rays.

I like bud heavy as well. Bud light not so much; seems way more watered down than the rest of the commercial light beers. There?s some beers I don?t touch unless I?m about 6+ deep (Busch Light, Keystone, etc.). Won?t drink Natty Light ever. I like a wide variety of craft-type beers, not a big IPA guy though, everyone loves Two Hearted Ale except me. Absolutely hate shandys too.

I’m too damn lazy to do my own wings, I generally just buy predone ones at a grocery store or have them at a sports bar type place. I do love Sweet Baby Rays.

I like bud heavy as well. Bud light not so much; seems way more watered down than the rest of the commercial light beers. There’s some beers I don’t touch unless I’m about 6+ deep (Busch Light, Keystone, etc.). Won’t drink Natty Light ever. I like a wide variety of craft-type beers, not a big IPA guy though, everyone loves Two Hearted Ale except me. Absolutely hate shandys too.

I had my first shandy this summer - it was ok, better than bud or miller lite but I hate both those beers so that's not saying much. Coors light is the only light beer I drink and mostly because it's seems to be the beer everyone else buys. I don't think I've ever had Bush Light or Keystone unless I had them in college - but we were still allowed to have common source when I was in school so I drank a lot of Milwakee's Best back then. Ice beers were kind of the new thing when I was at MSU but I never got into them. For drinks before bars, there was a place called Campus Convenience on Grand River not too far from SBS that sold 3 40oz of Bush for $5 and Bud for $6. I put a lot of miles on the old Honda Spree going back and forth to that place Thurs, Fri and Sat evenings. When we bought cases in college, it was mostly Bush.

As for wings, I love them on the grill but if it's been a while since I've had them in a bar/restaurant, I do get a craving for good fried wings.

Last edited:
you even suck at trolling. you never get tired of failing, do you?

was joking around, but since trolling = getting people to respond to your posts, looks like I'm actually pretty fucking goddamn good at that.

Jackass.

you even suck at trolling. you never get tired of failing, do you?

was joking around, but since trolling = getting people to respond to your posts, looks like I'm actually pretty fucking goddamn good at that.

Jackass.

That was a rhetorical question and that's not what trolling is. A troll is someone who sews discord on the internet by trying to start arguments or upsetting people. You've done neither - it's more likely people are laughing at you which would make you a clown (and a failed troll, I guess). You could have saved us both a little time and just said "no, I clearly never get tired of failing."

That was a rhetorical question and that's not what trolling is. A troll is someone who sews discord on the internet by trying to start arguments or upsetting people. You've done neither - it's more likely people are laughing at you which would make you a clown (and a failed troll, I guess). You could have saved us both a little time and just said "no, I clearly never get tired of failing."

It's true I didn't sow much discord, but truth be told, I wasn't trying to.

in fact, my post generated a whole side discussion, and you learned about the type of wings your friend likes to eat.

but trolling is indeed about getting a response... i.e. "trolling for comments"

getting responses is the sine qua non of being a successful troll.

It's true I didn't sow much discord, but truth be told, I wasn't trying to.

in fact, my post generated a whole side discussion, and you learned about the type of wings your friend likes to eat.

but trolling is indeed about getting a response... i.e. "trolling for comments"

getting responses is the sine qua non of being a successful troll.

you don't get to define the terms to avoid failing again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

sounds like another fail if you ask me - even on the side discussion as I was hoping to get some recipe/preparation ideas for something new to try.

you don't get to define the terms to avoid failing again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

sounds like another fail if you ask me - even on the side discussion as I was hoping to get some recipe/preparation ideas for something new to try.

you say I'm bad at trolling... yet you keep responding.

or... wait, maybe you're trolling me now?

I'm gonna stop.

good luck in your bowl tonight. I like Mike Leach, and like him a hell of a lot better than Danonio. The guy has personality. I kinda hope Wazzu pulls it off and a Big Ten team hires him so we get to hear his hilarious press conferences more often. otherwise I'd be rooting for MSU.

Backup Wazzu QB, Helsinki, taking the snaps with the #1 offense in warmups. Falk warming up with the 2s.

Unless Leach is pulling a fake, Falk is out.

Their backup then for 500 yards in a loss to Zona this year. But he turned it over 4 times too.

Backup Wazzu QB, Helsinki, taking the snaps with the #1 offense in warmups. Falk warming up with the 2s.

Unless Leach is pulling a fake, Falk is out.

Their backup then for 500 yards in a loss to Zona this year. But he turned it over 4 times too.
Helsinki is pretty good, he won the Boise game for them. Falk is taking shotgun snaps with one hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back