Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lazy man's analysis: borrow from the informed

everyoneneedsasmil said:
Drummond makes the most sense if he reaches his potential, but you have to have a ton of determination and willpower to become a star in this league. Davis and Barnes both seem much more interested and focused on the court. I would bet they turn out to be the better pros.

And, from a fit perspecive, I think Davis is the best. Monroe doesn't strike me as athletic enough to guard mobile 4s. Also, the less he strays from the basket (where he is highly effective), the better. Davis can guard 4s, can play an inside-out game, and will really help on the boards. Drummond might be a great defensive center, but his offensive game is more limited than Monroe's.

Drummond could be the next Thabeet?

just kidding ofcourse..he already has more skill offensively and much more meat on his bones.

Man, Thabeet actually out-Darko'ed Darko in his bustness. It was almost impressive.

I don't think Drummond would ever be that bad, if only because he has actual basketball skills (Thabeet was nothing but tall). I'm more thinking along the lines of Okafor (tons of skill, NBA body, but never got better) or Eddy Curry (it's forgotten that he was actually pretty good once). Curry had a ton of talent, but no drive, and eventually torpedoed his career. Drummond has all the tools to be fantastic, but without the drive he'll just be pretty good instead of great.

I'm not saying I would pass him up or anything, just that guys like Davis and Barnes have proven transferable skills and proven drive to succeed.

remember I saw a youtube video of Brook Lopez shitting all over Thabeet's face for a dunk.. From that point on I knew he was done.. Actually in all its hilarity...

[flash=350,287:d126epft]http://www.youtube.com/v/jow1Kwn9ne8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:d126epft]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Yeah I agree with Okafor. I think Okafor is a center in a PF's body as well.

Also Eddy Curry was VERY good..he was just a cancer to lockeroom, immature and had no motivation. You know he was almost 400 lbs a year and a half ago?

Back