Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons out of race for Butler

He hasn't done much since he left Washington and injuries have killed him.

I would love to pretend I am against tanking, but it is honestly the only way the Pistons are going to be relevant anytime soon. We are probably stuck riding out Rip's contract, at least until we can buy him out for cheaper next year, but Gordon should be a prime amnesty candidate. Villanueva could be amnestied as well, but I think we could flip him somewhere if we really needed.

We absolutely need to start getting a read on our young guys now. Knight needs to be the primary PG, and Stuckey probably needs to be the primary SG (who shares PG duties to ease Knight's transition to the NBA). SF has no long term answer. PF/C depends on Monroe, but still leaves a gaping hole next to him.

Back