Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BREAKING NEWS: Pistons, Rip agree to buyout

Thank god... RIP was great back in the mid 2000s, but his time has come.. Good job Joe D..

Not gonna lie though it will be sad to see him go, He will probally be in a Bulls uniform by the start of the year.. ugh.

Im glad that RIP is gone..as he was a cancer last season, but I dont quite understand why they didn't amnesty him.

If they were to use that clause on him they would have freed up roughly 12 mil and could have made a play at one of the solid bigs available.

Instead they spend that money on Prince and now dont have any money left to really sign anybody else.

The only way this really makes sense is if they plan on using the amnesty clause on Villaneuva or Gordon. But I have a feeling that Gores is just hoping that a team will pick up Hamiltons and take his contract off of his hands..

Gores was asked recently what is more important while owning the Pistons, winning or making money. He responded by saying that they both go hand in hand.

For one of the richest owners in the league I was expecting him to come in with the attitude that he would spend money to get players..already he is showing us that he wont break the bank to make the team better. That worries me

tbone413 said:
Im glad that RIP is gone..as he was a cancer last season, but I dont quite understand why they didn't amnesty him.

If they were to use that clause on him they would have freed up roughly 12 mil and could have made a play at one of the solid bigs available.

Instead they spend that money on Prince and now dont have any money left to really sign anybody else.

The only way this really makes sense is if they plan on using the amnesty clause on Villaneuva or Gordon. But I have a feeling that Gores is just hoping that a team will pick up Hamiltons and take his contract off of his hands..

Gores was asked recently what is more important while owning the Pistons, winning or making money. He responded by saying that they both go hand in hand.

For one of the richest owners in the league I was expecting him to come in with the attitude that he would spend money to get players..already he is showing us that he wont break the bank to make the team better. That worries me

This is actually great, Now we still have the amnesty for CV or Max.

Tweet from Vincent Ellis
"Don't have a figure, but source says buyout considerably less than $20 million he is owed over next two years. Why amnesty wasn't used."

The new NBA makes little sense to me :) but I'm glad you're all happy.

This pleases me.. Now lets hope they use amnesty on that hairless freak. He's a disgrace to the uniform and is utterly useless.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Max is off the books next year or the year after right?

Yup, next year he makes 5 mil and then that horrid contract ends thank god.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]This pleases me.. Now lets hope they use amnesty on that hairless freak. He's a disgrace to the uniform and is utterly useless.
I agree.. Need to get rid of CHarlie Garbage someway somehow.. ANd I cannot wait until C CUps Maxiell's fatass is gone as well.. He is a D-League player at best..

Rip is my favorite Piston, but it is time to move on. I still don't know why we resigned Prince.

It looks like the team is finally set on rebuilding (getting rid of all big contracts), but then the Prince thing happens. I have to wonder if Joe D and Gores aren't quite on the same page. Joe D thinks he can still field contender without bottoming out, Gores probably wants to wash away the past and start new (with Knight and Monroe).

Prince's contract won't kill us the way Rip and Gordon contracts do, and I suppose of everyone we have, Prince is the best teammate. Still, we probably will be looking to trade Prince away (either opening a spot for a young guy or just to dump salary) in a couple years. Why 4 years? If it was about showing loyalty, we should have shown him the door. He's not the future.

Don't follow the Pistons. much less the NBA much anymore, other than reading postgame boxscores and headlines on ESPN, but I am guessing that even with the departure of Rip, him being one of the last pieces of their '04 NBA championship team (Prince being the lone stalwart?) the team will still be a bit better than the Lebron-less Cleveland Cadavers, no?

Turok said:
Don't follow the Pistons. much less the NBA much anymore, other than reading postgame boxscores and headlines on ESPN, but I am guessing that even with the departure of Rip, him being one of the last pieces of their '04 NBA championship team (Prince being the lone stalwart?) the team will still be a bit better than the Lebron-less Cleveland Cadavers, no?

Yes, and that's probably what has people here the most upset.

Back