Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Watched some tape on Gill-Ceasar this morning, seems like the game comes natural to him. Doesn't force things up at all. He seems like a quiet kid though, Izzo usually doesn't go for kids like that. No denying he's a great player though. He'd come in and more than likely be a starter.
Trice, Ceasar, Valentine, Dawson, and Costello.

That's a pretty darn good starting 5, of course Dawson is a 50-50 whether he's staying or leaving. Alvin, Kaminski, schilling, nairn(?) coming of the bench. That'll extended the tournament streak.

We've been following Yante Maten from Bloomfield Hills, currently offered by FSU, Georgia, TCU, getting interest from MSU and Indiana, athletic 6'8" forward. From what i can tell he's having a good senior year, didn't do well in AAU previously but coming on now.

Averaging 18pts, 12 boards and 9 blocks. 9 blocks tells me that he's not playing the best competition, though they do play Clarkston for the 3rd time this year, they're usually a powerhouse coached by Dan Fife

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 4m
Marvin Clark, of MOKAN Elite, told http://Scout.com that he has committed to Michigan State.

looks like IU offered yante Maten today

If/when Harris decides to go to the NBA does that free up a scholarship for Gill Ceaser? That is assuming that he wants to switch to the 2014 class. We may need him...

If/when Harris decides to go to the NBA does that free up a scholarship for Gill Ceaser? That is assuming that he wants to switch to the 2014 class. We may need him...

we have 3 commits and a few more offers out there with Maten and possibly MGC. We lose Payne, Chapman, and Appling, most likely at least one of Harris or Dawson and also either Guana or Byrd.

I don't think scholarships will be an issue

So what's the deal with Josh Cunningham? Why are we so hesitant to offer him?

we have 3 commits and a few more offers out there with Maten and possibly MGC. We lose Payne, Chapman, and Appling, most likely at least one of Harris or Dawson and also either Guana or Byrd.

I don't think scholarships will be an issue

I think we had a scholly in the bank, lose Payne, Appling, Chapman, probably Harris and Byrd, maybe Gauna. That's potentially 6 or 7 available. We're totally fine on scholarships.

So what's the deal with Josh Cunningham? Why are we so hesitant to offer him?

It seems like they think he's an athlete but not a basketball player. In scratching my head over his ranking and stats and then the lack of big offers

When does Montaque Gill Ceaser have to decide if he wants to join the 2014 class? And are there any updates on his recruitment?

When does Montaque Gill Ceaser have to decide if he wants to join the 2014 class? And are there any updates on his recruitment?

Sean Merriman was on chat in the Freep today and he seems to think we'll get MGC. He has until late in the summer to decide I have heard. I have heard he wants to play AAU ball this summer and then decide on reclassifying. Merriman seemed to think we're getting him.

Also Bess had a monster senior year and should be able to be an impact player for us from day 1.

I'd expect mgc to make a decision right after gary harris. If he reclassified, izzo would want him on campus asap to work with the team and coack vorp

I read that if he reclassifies, he will have a scholarship offer from Kentucky. Anyone care to wager on where he ends up? Just for fun, assuming Calipari stays and MGC reclassifies, I'll take KY...anyone want a piece of that?

And if Young and the Harrison's all go pro there will definitely be opportunity at UK. Who would he have to compete with for minutes? Just Booker, if even that as they could play together.

I read that if he reclassifies, he will have a scholarship offer from Kentucky. Anyone care to wager on where he ends up? Just for fun, assuming Calipari stays and MGC reclassifies, I'll take KY...anyone want a piece of that?

My hatred of Cal forces me to take a piece of that action!

Back