Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Which Piston gets their jersey retired next?

You really don't think any of those guys will get a jersey retired here or just that someone else gets it first?

kingofdetroit57 said:
You really don't think any of those guys will get a jersey retired here or just that someone else gets it first?

I don't think any of them will get their jersey retired.

Wallace would have been a maybe, but he left and came back half the player.

They went to six straight conference championships and won a title. I really wouldn't be surprised to see more than one of them get their jersey in the rafters.

I think when you look at longevity, personal awards, and love in this area that Big Ben is gonna be the next one when he hangs it up in the next couple years.

kingofdetroit57 said:
They went to six straight conference championships and won a title. I really wouldn't be surprised to see more than one of them get their jersey in the rafters.

I think when you look at longevity, personal awards, and love in this area that Big Ben is gonna be the next one when he hangs it up in the next couple years.

What the team did means little, it's an individual honor.

the '84 Tigers are considered one of the top 5 teams all time, guess how many had their numbers retired? 0

None of those Pistons are on par with Thomas, Rodman, or Dumars.

Laimbeer and Johnson got love because they were here forever, unlike Wallace, Billups, and 'Sheed who left.

Just my opinion, the standards are weak if any of those get retired.

I personally think that none of them deserve to get their jersey retired.

Most franchises only retire the best of the best, you need to be a HOFer to even be considered, and sometimes thats not good enough.

However the Pistons tend to have a lower standard for retiring jerseys so it may happen, but I doubt it.

The most likely of the group is Wallace, but like I said..dont count on it

I think Chauncey, Ben and Rip get in.

Chauncey was a Finals MVP....and meant a lot to the team. Ben won 4 DPOY awards in a Pistons jersey.

And Rip is the franchises all time leader in playoff scoring. Even ahead of Isiah.

Ben is next in line simply because he's the oldest and will probably retire soon. Then Chauncey. Then Rip. You could make the case for Sheed, but he had a better career statistically on his former teams.

Pretty easy answer is Ben Wallace.. His best years were obviously with Detroit..

Chances of them getting their jersey retired, imo...

Ben 25%
Chauncey 10%
Rip 2%
Prince 1%
Rasheed -50% (actually they should have retired that fuck's jersey halfway through the 08-09 season)

Back