Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone notice

greenandwhite95

YSU was up 63-6 at half today against Valpo and ended up winning 77-13. Maybe they weren't all that bad.

BTW, we had a pretty good game today, defense allowed 48 yards total and ONLY ONE first down. Not much running room though, could have just been their defensive scheme though. Next week we will be tested, you know ND will be out for BLOOD after starting 0-2, we need to get more pressure on the QB, can't let Reese have all day to throw it, Floyd is good.

We did a fine job running the ball. Our 2 main backs (Bell and Baker) averaged 5.2 ypc. The only time they really stopped our rushing attack, was at the end when we were running down the clock. Also, our pressure has been fine, it's not great, but the reason we only had 3 sacks, was beacause they barely had the ball. Adams will be by far the best corner Floyd has seen, and while Floyd is too good to be stopped, if Adams can just contain him we'll be fine. The first quarter will be critical, come in get a quick lead, and ND folds, if we let them hang around, they're going to be tough, but still not sure how disciplined they are.

If we dont crush ND I will be shocked. They look terrible, and after this loss if we get up early they will pack it in for sure. That is a bad team.

jh1spartanfan said:
We did a fine job running the ball. Our 2 main backs (Bell and Baker) averaged 5.2 ypc. The only time they really stopped our rushing attack, was at the end when we were running down the clock. Also, our pressure has been fine, it's not great, but the reason we only had 3 sacks, was beacause they barely had the ball. Adams will be by far the best corner Floyd has seen, and while Floyd is too good to be stopped, if Adams can just contain him we'll be fine. The first quarter will be critical, come in get a quick lead, and ND folds, if we let them hang around, they're going to be tough, but still not sure how disciplined they are.

You think ? Baker 9/50 Bell 14/69 Bell had a long of 22 and Baker a long of 13. Team, 51/188 for a 3.7 avg. Not that good for me, especially when Florida avg 6.0 yds a carry as a team against FAU. We are a running team and half the time our backs were bfinding contact at the line of scrimmage against FAU, much like YSU. Hate to be pessimistic but I wasn't that impressed. Baker has a long way to go to reach 2000 if he can't even crack a 100 against sub par teams.

Passing game was a lot better then last week. Cousins is SO much better than Maxwell (I hope there will be improvement with MAxwell before next year). Anderson isn't as good of a blocker as I thought, maybe Niko will be better, Sims looks awesome, he needs more touches. Pass protection looked better, Defense was a huge step up. I would like to see Hammock play more than Gardiner, he is a beast, Jones looked good in limited play also. Next week we see where we stand.

Kelly's job might be on the line the rest of the season already. That team last night screamed bad coaching and undisciplined play. ND could come out with passion or they could come out defeated. I know Michigan's defense is horrible, but ND put up over 500 yards on them and it could have been 700 if Brian Kelly hadn't spent much of the game being possessed by the ghost of Woody Hayes.

Horrible play calls when it was time to put it away! Penalties! Awful unforced turnovers! Wasting timeouts! Missed tackles! Missed assignments! Blown coverages! I couldn't believe what I was watching, they were just so poorly coached and I'm a Brian Kelly fan. Some people will say Notre Dame was incredibly unlucky and they were, but there were at least 25 glaring mental mistakes for that team in that game. We need to put the throttle down if we get a lead.

jh1spartanfan said:

You still think the running game looks good ? Our O-line SUCKS, and if they don't make some changes it will be a dissapointing year for us. ND OWNED us at the line.

msu2011 said:
If we dont crush ND I will be shocked. They look terrible, and after this loss if we get up early they will pack it in for sure. That is a bad team.

Are you shocked?

Beez said:
msu2011 said:

Are you shocked?

he's so shocked he stopped posting.

you can find him sitting in the closet, staring at the floor, rocking back and forth and mumbling to himself...

"we should've crushed ND... my thinking was correct... I am a reasonable person... they cheated... someone else is to blame... point shaving... it was rigged... it's a conspiracy... Dantonio needs to be fired..."

Yes I am shocked about that game. I cant believe it was that bad, but that isn't why I wasn't posting here. I havent been posting here because I rarely check this board I like it better at 247 sports. Not enough activity here.

The red cedar board is hilarious to read... Didn't know you posted over at the psych ward..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]The red cedar board is hilarious to read... Didn't know you posted over at the psych ward..
I really like the red cedar. If you want to see a psych ward check out mgoblog. Good Lord those guys are nuts.

MGoBlog is half Sparty trolls and half insane Michigan people.

That said, I bet on ND over Sparty and made $$$$$ -- saw it coming a mile away after seeing who and how Sparty played versus weeks 1 & 2 for ND. What a clown stomping.

Reading this read now is pretty hilarious. Being at the Under the Lights game, it's funny to read posters like Johnny2x flip out over MICHIGAN winning a game.

I guess a fake field goal to win in a similar fashion is different than an 80yd drive with :30 to go.

msu2011 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]The red cedar board is hilarious to read... Didn't know you posted over at the psych ward..
I really like the red cedar. If you want to see a psych ward check out mgoblog. Good Lord those guys are nuts.

You can't be serious?

Back