Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ND currently the favorite this Saturday

Poor coached game today by MD. ND played well, game not over. As I type more bad play calling. Just awful today.

I thought state's play calling has been more or less sound.

it's the head coaching decisions that are baffling. Not sure if Dantonio does both, or the OC calls the plays.

Fake FGs don't work everytime... if they did, they'd be "the thing you always do on 4th down."

all the underneath passes drove me crazy. When its 3rd and 10 you cant keep throwing the ball 4 yds all the time. I know you expect a WR to break a tackle and get the 1st but sometimes you need to throw the ball past the sticks.

wheels002 said:
all the underneath passes drove me crazy. When its 3rd and 10 you cant keep throwing the ball 4 yds all the time. I know you expect a WR to break a tackle and get the 1st but sometimes you need to throw the ball past the sticks.

In the first half they were converting those passes for firsts. It appears that ND can make corrections at half.. Who would have known???

That was as complete an ass kicking as one can get. MSU excelled nowhere-not one phase of the game

johnny2x2x said:
Poor coached game today by MD. ND played well, game not over. As I type more bad play calling. Just awful today.

Agree, Dantonio made some bad mistakes, ND played we'll, like a team with their backs against the wall. They played a good game.

MichChamp02 said:
I thought state's play calling has been more or less sound.

it's the head coaching decisions that are baffling. Not sure if Dantonio does both, or the OC calls the plays.

Fake FGs don't work everytime... if they did, they'd be "the thing you always do on 4th down."

Yep, questionable decisions by MD and staff.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i would be shocked if sparty didn't win by double digits. their defense lightyear's ahead of ours and much better than USF. Rees will throw 3 or 4 picks minimum. Unless their offense flounders.....Sparty 31 ND 20

you shocked Monster ????

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
wheels002 said:

In the first half they were converting those passes for firsts. It appears that ND can make corrections at half.. Who would have known???

You know what I thought was the turning point. MSU down 14-3 and they start to complete passes and move the ball and they get a TD, 14-10. MSU D stands up and finally makes some plays, State gets ball back near Mid-field. First play, 10 yard pass to Sims, State has momentum over midfield and moving the ball. What does MD do ? Runs on first AND second down setting up a 3rd and 9. Why try to run the ball when YOU CAN'T and you are moving the ball through the air ? MSU punts the ball and ND takes it 90 something yards for a TD. I don't understand what MD had in mind today. Like MC said, his decision's were AWFUL. Doesn't take away the fact that ND played a pretty good game though.

erg57 said:
That was as complete an ass kicking as one can get. MSU excelled nowhere-not one phase of the game

Our FG kicker was decent. Cunningham looked good, so I wouldn't say a COMPLETE ass kicking, but pretty darn close.

That's pretty much what I called -- you could tell MSU wasn't quite up to the level of the game after such cupcake openers. And ND absolutely had to win to save the season.

bigvic said:
That's pretty much what I called -- you could tell MSU wasn't quite up to the level of the game after such cupcake openers. And ND absolutely had to win to save the season.

It wouldn't matter who we played to start the year, they were better than us. We are not as good as pre season advertised, plain adn simple. We will win some games, but I find it very hard to imagine this team winnin ghte B10 after watching them play. It's still early but we looked like crap against a good opponent. We'll see.

We should try and keep it classy around here. It might be hard but we should at least try.

I think we can all agree that we hope Miami kickes the snot outta OSU. I really don't like either, but I dislike OSU more.

I don't hate on Sparty, I just felt ND all week --- if I were in Vegas, I'd have gone big on ND, hammerlock of the week!!

PS- Slick is my Bitch ....a toothless crackwhore, he's but mine

SLICK said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i would be shocked if sparty didn't win by double digits. their defense lightyear's ahead of ours and much better than USF. Rees will throw 3 or 4 picks minimum. Unless their offense flounders.....Sparty 31 ND 20

you shocked Monster ????

yes, yes i am.

Sparty is the better team, but they killed themselves. Hopefully they do this when we come to play.

Back