Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mistake-prone broadcaster for Lion Game pulled by Fox

biggunsbob

This happened earlier in the season But I remember thinking this guy is freaking horrible..

Fox play-by-plan man Mike Goldberg, who had a series of mistakes and flubs calling his first NFL game, might have called his last NFL game.

Fox is replacing Goldberg, who usually does play-by-play for UFC broadcasts, with Tim Brando for Sunday's Vikings-Bills game.

Goldberg also did play-by-play for the Red Wings in the 1990s.

Goldberg, who teamed with analyst Brendan Ayanbadejo in the Fox booth for the Lions-Vikings game on Sunday, made several errors, such as associating players and coaches with the opposing team, and missing the down and distance on plays.

On one play, he said that Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater threw a pass to Golden Tate, who is a Lions receiver.

But his undoing might have come when he responded to fans on Twitter, unleashing profanities and derogatory names at some who criticized him on the broadcast. The tweets have been removed from Goldberg's account.

One of the tame replies: "I hope you never waste my time again," which he posted on Monday.

Yet Matt Millen and his life mistakes still has a broadcast seat. Where are our priorities people.

Why in the name of God are we suffering through having Chris Myers doing the Fox NFL play-by-play week after week?

Goldberg was flat out awful. He was screwing up names left and right. I felt like I was listening to somebody's drunken uncle.

Back