Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions still really being Dismmised..

biggunsbob

I get it... The long ass years with only 1 playoff win.. Years of losing... But still I know this is all freaking ESPN but as I was getting ready to go to bed they capping off another shitty Monday night game.. Counting down the top 10 plays of the NFL weekend.. I figured Stafford's pass would be in the top 5.. Maybe even number one.. They keep counting down and get to number one and say Lion's dolphins game and I figure Matt's throw is number one. But no.. Shitty ESPN pick's that freaking Midgets Interception instead of the sweet throw and catch which are a zillion times harder then a DB recovering after getting beat and leaping and snagging a thrown ball out of the air.. Total bullshit.. At least Dilfer freaking said how came Matt Stafford's TD pass didn't make top ten... No way was the INT better then the TD pass... Not even close...

Meh, it's all bullshit at this point.

we're 7-2, but we've also had to have serious comebacks to get to that 7-2. Could easily be 8-1 and even easier 5-4. As fun as it is to be 7-2, our only wins against winning teams have come from Miami at home and Green Bay at home when they were struggling so badly. Our offense has been downright pathetic and I think people are still expecting our defense to break.

The true tests are in the next two weeks. That will tell where our team is.

All for the better if they disregard us. Let them. The taste of victory will be so much sweeter.

BTW, why is this in the NFL general board and not the main Lions board?

The TD pass looked like a normal play to me...nothing special except it came towards the end of the game.

Did CJ's bobble catch make the top ten? I would think it should qualify, it takes a lot of concentration to catch the ball 3 times while being dragged to the ground.

I'm kinda curious why this is on the general board too.

The TD pass looked like a normal play to me...nothing special except it came towards the end of the game.

I really disagree here. Matt is stepping up to his right and throws a side arm pass in a tight window low where only Riddick can get it..btw the catch was difficult also...

I really disagree here. Matt is stepping up to his right and throws a side arm pass in a tight window low where only Riddick can get it..btw the catch was difficult also...

That's why I like these boards...we can discuss and disagree. Nice play but nothing special IMO

I'd love to be optimistic about 7-2 but the skepticism remains. I've not seen many games though, so I am not as informed as others.

I had been considering heading out to Phoenix for the game this Sunday… But… Too much effort. I'll just watch it on TV or on the Internet.

Normal? Right handed QB drifting to his left on the run, off one foot, sidearm with probably a 1 foot hole to place the ball 20 yards down field.

Normal? Right handed QB drifting to his left on the run, off one foot, sidearm with probably a 1 foot hole to place the ball 20 yards down field.

the DB had his back to Theo and it was one on one coverage. Ridick was looking back...anywhere to the right of the DB and it's a TD. Nice throw but nothing special.

ESPN has them ranked 6th in power rankings, can't really say they are being disrespected.

The throw itself was good, but not suprised it wasn't top 10. I saw a few throws over the weekend that were better in my opinion.

QBs don't generally get in top plays for having a good pass. It'd have to be an equally amazing catch to make it. Was it a good pass? Yes. Was it a good catch? Sure. Was it something where a casual non-lions fan would say, "Wow. I can't believe he did that"? No. Definitely not.

He was running for his life, running to the his left and threw the ball sidearm into the tightest window imaginable. It was a phenomenal throw. Nothing special? Get your motherfucking eyes examined, buddy.

He was running for his life, running to the his left and threw the ball sidearm into the tightest window imaginable. It was a phenomenal throw. Nothing special? Get your motherfucking eyes examined, buddy.

HAHA....typical Stafford homer. Running for his life...there wasn't a defender within 15' of Stafford. Riddick was one on one with a defender and the defender had his back to Stafford. There wasn't another defensive player within 20' of them. There was probably about a 5-6' window he could have thrown to because the only person looking at him was the receiver. He throws it higher and to the right and the play is easier for the receiver to complete. He didn't have to throw it side armed...he didn't have to throw it within one foot of the defender but he did and it worked out. Like I said before...good throw but nothing special except that it came at the end of the game.

I disagree somewhat with tom, I think that was a great play.

But I don't understand how not being on a completely arbitrary top 10 list shows that the team is being dismissed. Maybe it's because I loathe countdowns and lists. My son and I argue about this all the time. He is all in on the top whatever of whatever on the NFL Network. Me? Not so much.

I disagree somewhat with tom, I think that was a great play.

But I don't understand how not being on a completely arbitrary top 10 list shows that the team is being dismissed. Maybe it's because I loathe countdowns and lists. My son and I argue about this all the time. He is all in on the top whatever of whatever on the NFL Network. Me? Not so much.

That's fine...at least you disagree and don't act like an asshole.

Actually, I think the CJ bobble catch and the long TD were both better "plays" than the Riddick TD.

HAHA....typical Stafford homer. Running for his life...there wasn't a defender within 15' of Stafford. Riddick was one on one with a defender and the defender had his back to Stafford. There wasn't another defensive player within 20' of them. There was probably about a 5-6' window he could have thrown to because the only person looking at him was the receiver. He throws it higher and to the right and the play is easier for the receiver to complete. He didn't have to throw it side armed...he didn't have to throw it within one foot of the defender but he did and it worked out. Like I said before...good throw but nothing special except that it came at the end of the game.

He got flushed out of the pocket....running for his life was a little dramatic. He steps up in the pocket to his left and makes a gorgeous throw. One of the best I've seen him make. He throws that ball higher and more to the right and Riddick either misses it or makes a miraculous catch. Then you dummies rip on Staff for his accuracy. Riddick had his man beat, but the guy was barely one step behind him. Stafford threw it where only Riddick had a chance to get it. The Miami defender even gets 2 hands in Riddick's breadbasket but the ball just gets there. Very special throw....the announcer was losing his shit over the throw. Both of them were actually...

You're a hater.

Back