Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions still really being Dismmised..

That's fine...at least you disagree and don't act like an asshole.

Actually, I think the CJ bobble catch and the long TD were both better "plays" than the Riddick TD.

Awwwwwwww, I'm an asshole? Mission accomplished

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-c...nning_TD/3a9ba9b3-a526-4403-94e4-d3ee87d04601

Who's the next genius that's going to tell me this wasn't a beautiful throw? Nothing special maybe? Should have been thrown higher and more to the right? lololololol

I said a good throw. Everything I said about that play is accurate. Stafford not running for his life, DB not even looking back, nobody else close to Riddick, Stafford threw it in a 1' window but the window was a lot larger than 1' because Riddick was the only one looking back.

I said it was a good throw...what do you want me to do...drool over it like a homer?

I get it... The long ass years with only 1 playoff win.. Years of losing... But still I know this is all freaking ESPN but as I was getting ready to go to bed they capping off another shitty Monday night game.. Counting down the top 10 plays of the NFL weekend.. I figured Stafford's pass would be in the top 5.. Maybe even number one.. They keep counting down and get to number one and say Lion's dolphins game and I figure Matt's throw is number one. But no.. Shitty ESPN pick's that freaking Midgets Interception instead of the sweet throw and catch which are a zillion times harder then a DB recovering after getting beat and leaping and snagging a thrown ball out of the air.. Total bullshit.. At least Dilfer freaking said how came Matt Stafford's TD pass didn't make top ten... No way was the INT better then the TD pass... Not even close...

I recall Stafford getting alot of attention following the win. He's getting his due on ESPN. The pick was a pretty damn good play imo.

I said a good throw. Everything I said about that play is accurate. Stafford not running for his life, DB not even looking back, nobody else close to Riddick, Stafford threw it in a 1' window but the window was a lot larger than 1' because Riddick was the only one looking back.

I said it was a good throw...what do you want me to do...drool over it like a homer?

It's not about being a homer, you doosh. The throw was awesome...one of the best he's made. You say it was a good throw but follow it with a "nothing special"..lol. Well, it was special. The defender was all over Riddick btw, but you say nobody was even close ...lmfao. You're such a fucking hater.

It's not about being a homer, you doosh. The throw was awesome...one of the best he's made. You say it was a good throw but follow it with a "nothing special"..lol. Well, it was special. The defender was all over Riddick btw, but you say nobody was even close ...lmfao. You're such a fucking hater.

I said nobody else was close. The defender had his back to Riddick so Stafford could throw it anywhere near Riddick (to the right) and it would be easy for Riddick to adjust since the defender wasn't looking back to the QB. It ended up that Stafford threw it within 1' of the defender which made it look like a 1' window.

I said nobody else was close. The defender had his back to Riddick so Stafford could throw it anywhere near Riddick (to the right) and it would be easy for Riddick to adjust since the defender wasn't looking back to the QB. It ended up that Stafford threw it within 1' of the defender which made it look like a 1' window.

You're delusional. Now you're basically ripping on Stafford for "throwing it too close to the defender". Am i reading that right?

You're delusional. Now you're basically ripping on Stafford for "throwing it too close to the defender". Am i reading that right?

no...I said it didn't HAVE to be in that 1' window...there was a lot more room to throw it to the right. The defender wasn't looking and the receiver was...easier to throw to a spot and let the receiver move to it. Throw him open.

Again...I don't know how many times I have to tell you...it was a good throw...just not as spectacular as some of you make it out to be.

Good throw, considering he was on the move, but it wasn't an overly tight window. Riddick had two yards on the guy when the ball was halfway there.

e01x13.png

Good throw, considering he was on the move, but it wasn't an overly tight window. Riddick had two yards on the guy when the ball was halfway there.

e01x13.png

This picture shows nothing. By the time the ball got there, the defender was piggybacking Riddick. The throw couldn't have been more perfect.

no...I said it didn't HAVE to be in that 1' window...there was a lot more room to throw it to the right. The defender wasn't looking and the receiver was...easier to throw to a spot and let the receiver move to it. Throw him open.

Again...I don't know how many times I have to tell you...it was a good throw...just not as spectacular as some of you make it out to be.

Didn't have to be now??? lmfao ....i give up.

Riddick was already slowing down. Perfect throw maintains that two yard gap, good throw makes it so the DB can recover. Good throw, probably the best Stafford made that game.

Riddick was already slowing down. Perfect throw maintains that two yard gap, good throw makes it so the DB can recover. Good throw, probably the best Stafford made that game.

I put that throw up with the throw to Durham last year against Dallas.......

dropping dimes :)

We have to remember it is also Matt's second or third read on the play. CJ is double team. Tate is covered...Look I am aware Matt needs to be better earlier in games But this is a good Mature QB play that a winning play. It is freaking a zillion times better then the midgets Pick.. He sees pretty fast his only option on the play is Riddick steps up and buys time and throws a laser.. I want him to be like Brady and Manning but I think at this stage in both careers neither can make this throw Matt made.. Now I wish he could get us a few blowouts lol..

Last edited:
We have to remember it is also Matt's second or third read on the play. CJ is double team. Tate is covered...Look I am aware Matt needs to be better earlier in games But this is a good Mature QB play that a winning play. It is freaking a zillion times better then the midgets Pick.. He sees pretty fast his only option on the play is Riddick steps up and buys time and throws a laser.. I want him to be like Brady and Manning but I think at this stage in both careers neither can make this throw Matt made.. Now I wish he could get us a few blowouts lol..

Blowouts are nice too...no doubt. But we`re winning!! It`s all that matters at this point. Winning games that people had us pegged to lose. Green Bay, Atlanta and the Saints all pop into my mind right away. We beat them all so far!! And if we even had a sniff of a kicker at the beginning of the year, this team could have been 9-0 ...for sure 8-1. Buffalo game stings still.....ouch.

Winning is all that matters right now. I expected the Lions to lose to the Saints and maybe Atl and figured GB at home was going to be a toss up. GB was a great win. Atlanta and NO are much worse than I expected but the Lions won...so all good. That said...if this team continues to play like it has been...not going to go very far in the playoffs. But you never know...get to the playoffs and ANYTHING can happen!

Last edited:

Exactly...or throw it out to the right and all Riddick has to do is curl to the right and he has a simple catch. Not a 1' window...he had a bunch of room to throw that ball. Still a good throw though.

I put that throw up with the throw to Durham last year against Dallas.......

dropping dimes :)

he got a fireball dime from dilfer a couple games ago with the laser to Tate 50 yards downfield.

Riddick throw was a great throw mainly cause hes rolling to his left which is awkward enough for a right hander....then having to lead riddick well enough in a somewhat tight coverage with little room due to the boundary. Stafford pisses me off even more when he makes throws like that on the final play of the game.....really?...you couldn't do that the rest of the game?

Last edited:
The two teams at the top of the NFC standings are playing at 4pm, but the Fox game of the week is Green Bay and Philly. That's a good game, but still...

The two teams at the top of the NFC standings are playing at 4pm, but the Fox game of the week is Green Bay and Philly. That's a good game, but still...

I'm sure the nation is happy they got to see the GB/Philly game vs. watching the Lions put 6 points on the board! Hell, I would have rather watched the GB Philly game!

Back