Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

1970 Lions vs Cowboys pregame

biggunsbob

I know we lost the playoff game in a snooze fest 5-0 and the video is only
about 9 minutes you only get 1 play the kickoff. But I remember the national anthem.. I few things...Note Gifford mentions that the lions are considered the rough violent team and the cowboys finesse team..LOL

Plus the Ford commercial is priceless in hindsight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3ZcpVHaZ4

That was no snooze fest. It was one of the most suspenseful and frustrating Lions' games ever played.

I was 10 and had broken my femur severely and I was still in a body cast but at home for the game.. I remember some of it. Like a QB switch late and we were driving late I think.. I member the beginning again after seeing it.. I remember being pissed we lost.. I also remember being frustrated.. I do remember watching it in the dinning room where they had moved my bed to and my dad and grandfather made stilts for my bed so I could look out the window..

Back