Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Land Reggie Jackson

Singler gone too. That bothers me. I like Singler

thanks D I'm not feeling all that great I'll try again later looks like the pistons are making a lot of moves

Don't like this trade at ALL.

We just traded Singler who was hitting over 40% of his 3's this year, AND DJ Augustin who has been balling for the Pistons for Reggie f'ng Jackson, who is a SG in a PG's body and is looking for a big contract.

:no:

Last edited:
Don't like this trade at ALL.

We just traded Singler who was hitting over 40% of his 3's this year, AND DJ Augustin who has been balling for the Pistons for Reggie f'ng Jackson, who is a SG in a PG's body and is looking for a big contract.

:no:

I think SVG is treating this like a 30 game tryout. That said...the more I read and hear about Green the less I like him. From what I read about him he seems to be a selfish player that is looking to get his numbers so he can get a huge payday next off season.

We shall see.

Singler is/was trash on a bad team. DJ was doing great, but Jackson is just simply better.

You know the kid is special if the Thunder offered him 13 million (when they are cap strapped and already have a PG). And then he turned it down because he is worth more.

If there is one front office I trust about their talent its the Thunder. Those suits do it too well

Jackson shot 42% when he had his stretch of 20/8 and the Thunder were losing (3-10), AND lost to the Josh Smith Pistons. sounds like the definition of trash on a bad team to me. He's also a 27% shooter from 3.

Singler will have a role on ANY team in this league, he's a quality backup SF that can stretch the floor and hit the 3 ball at an effective clip.

DJ was putting up even better numbers than that at a fraction of the cost, Jackson is looking for a max deal this offseason, DJ will be getting 3 million next year.

again, I HATE this trade with a passion.

Last edited:
Never seen Reggie play, but he must be good at getting to the rim and finishing if he scores well but doesn't have a 3 point shot. Basically a 2-1 assist-TO ratio, also a good rebounder. Can he play defense?

Never seen Reggie play, but he must be good at getting to the rim and finishing if he scores well but doesn't have a 3 point shot. Basically a 2-1 assist-TO ratio, also a good rebounder. Can he play defense?

Despite him supposedly having a 7 foot wingspan it doesn't translate to defense. His defensive metrics are not much better than DJ's.

The big difference between the two is that Reggie Jackson has the ability to be a star in this league, DJ Augustin does not. He's a good PG, but he doesn't have the pure ability that Jackson does. He is an athletic freak.

Who cares about 2nd round picks? How often do they EVER work out? For every one gem found in the 2nd round, 900 of them end up in the D-League.

DJ has reached his cap. Jackson has the ability to be a star given full-time minutes. He's going to get a chance.

Who cares about 2nd round picks? How often do they EVER work out? For every one gem found in the 2nd round, 900 of them end up in the D-League.

DJ has reached his cap. Jackson has the ability to be a star given full-time minutes. He's going to get a chance.

So you're saying it's nearly impossible to find value in the 2nd round? and you'd be wrong.

btw, the Pistons once thought Rodney Stuckey had that ability, it means nothing. And RJ compares pretty favorably to Stuckey in many ways. Statistically or eyetest wise he's not a clear upgrade from Augustine, and actually appears to be a downgrade, couple with the fact that Augustine is getting 3 million through next season and Jackson is looking for 14 mill after the season, and giving away the other assets, this trade blows for the Pistons.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It is close to impossible to find good value in the 2nd round, and that's statistically true as well.

Jackson has been playing PG since he started in the league. He hasn't been going back and forth for 6 years like Stuckey, never allowing him to learn a position. DJ's ceiling has been met, Jackson's hasn't.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It is close to impossible to find good value in the 2nd round, and that's statistically true as well.

Jackson has been playing PG since he started in the league. He hasn't been going back and forth for 6 years like Stuckey, never allowing him to learn a position. DJ's ceiling has been met, Jackson's hasn't.

It's not impossible and it's a waste of potential assets. giving away Singler was stupid as well.

I'm also not convinced DJ is tapped out, he has made huge strides last year with CHI and with the Pistons, the reality is even if he is tapped out it's still better than what Jackson is right now, and I don't see this star potential either. He's Rodney Stuckey 2.0.

Here's a sample:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Tony Mitchell
Peyton Siva
Khris Middleton
Kim English
Kyle Singler
Vernon Macklin
Terrico White
DaJuan Summers
Jonas Jerebko
Chase Budinger
Deron Washington

That's the Detroit Pistons 2nd round picks since 2008 (didn't feel like going back any further). Besides Dinwiddie (too early to tell), you got average potential out of Singler and Jerebko. How's the rest of those guys? 2nd round will rarely get you players. Rarely.

I didn't say tapped out. I think he's at his ceiling.

And fair or unfair, Stuckey had horrible coaching, Jackson will not. SVG can get a lot more out of this kid.

The 2nd round thing is irrelevant to me, I was simply including what was part of that deal. Giving away Singler creates even more spacing problems as he was the best 3pt shooter on the team, RJ is a career 28% shooter from 3.

My point is there is not a clear talent upgrade in this trade, and there's actually a downgrade.

I could be wrong but I don't see Jackson being much better than what he currently is, which would mean he's another Stuckey. time will tell, but like I have said I don't like it.

Essentially in this trade, they lost Kyle Singler. I like Singler. I was always a fan. But he's incredibly nonathletic, and unless he's shooting a three pointer, he didn't offer much else. Tayshaun at 34 moves better than he does, and that's saying something.

And I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the three point shot. He brings a completely different dimension to the position. Not to mention, he can develop range, that stuff can be taught, his pure physical ability cannot.

Two of the better PGs in the league, Kyle Lowry and Damian Lillard, they both suck from deep as well. It's not required from PGs.

Last edited:
Essentially in this trade, they lost Kyle Singler. I like Singler. I was always a fan. But he's incredibly nonathletic, and unless he's shooting a three pointer, he didn't offer much else. Tayshaun at 34 moves better than he does, and that's saying something.

And I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the three point shot. He brings a completely different dimension to the position. Not to mention, he can develop range, that stuff can be taught, his pure physical ability cannot.

Two of the better PGs in the league, Kyle Lowry and Damian Lillard, they both suck from deep as well. It's not required from PGs.

On a team like the Pistons it's important because they have no reliable shooters really, nobody really respects the Pistons deep shooting game.

And Lillard is a career 37% shooter from 3, in what world does that suck? it's significantly above league average.

They are already shooting near the bottom of the league already from deep, it's not a part of the game they excel at.

Looked at his season average. Jackson can improve his range. Like I said, he gives the Pistons a dimension from the PG spot they didn't have before. They got a guy who can bully in the post against smaller guards and get to the rim at will.

Last edited:
Back