Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Land Reggie Jackson

I liked DJ a lot but he sure did get posted a lot on... That said I would have found a way to keep him.. Singler is what he is..... Nothing special..

I'd like to think that SVG is a better evaluator of talent than all of us. I don't think we'll know how this shakes out until this season concludes and whether or not the Pistons deem Jackson worthy of a max contract. It's clear that they definitely wanted first crack at him though.

Last edited:
Bob, the article is based on a sample size of like 10 games from Augustin.

KD

"It was pretty easy," Durant said. "We felt like everybody wanted to be here except for one guy. So it wasn't like everybody was going crazy at shootaround. I went to sleep and woke up and we had new players. It goes like that sometimes. Everybody that wants to be here is here, we're excited about our new guys, and it hurts to see [ Perkins] leave, but we're still going to remain brothers until we're both gone. It was definitely a tough day, but a good day as well. "

EVERYTHING I have read indicates that this guy is selfish and not a team player. It sounds like OKC is happy to get rid of him.

Of course they are. They have an all-star starting at PG. They don't want to pay him.

FYI Tom, OKC offered 4 years at 48 mil to stay on the team as a bench player.

First you say they don't want to pay him and in the next post you say they offered him a 4 year contract for $48M? Which is it?

They offered that to him in the past. He's going to be making a lot more in the future. They don't want to pay him a max contract, which he may get somewhere.

Yeah I would agree with that, but he's going to get paid.

Here's a sample:

Spencer Dinwiddie
Tony Mitchell
Peyton Siva
Khris Middleton
Kim English
Kyle Singler
Vernon Macklin
Terrico White
DaJuan Summers
Jonas Jerebko
Chase Budinger
Deron Washington

That's the Detroit Pistons 2nd round picks since 2008 (didn't feel like going back any further). Besides Dinwiddie (too early to tell), you got average potential out of Singler and Jerebko. How's the rest of those guys? 2nd round will rarely get you players. Rarely.

1/3 of the Piston's 2nd round picks that you listed above have started at least 47 games. 1/4 of them have started over a season's worth of games.

Which is pretty hilarious considering these quotes...

"It is close to impossible to find good value in the 2nd round, and that's statistically true as well."

"Who cares about 2nd round picks? How often do they EVER work out? For every one gem found in the 2nd round, 900 of them end up in the D-League. "

I do wish they didn't have to throw in the 2nd's but overall I'm fine with the trade. Neither Augustine nor Singler were long term solutions as starters for a good playoff team. Fine role players, but you can add those once you have a core. And sure, there's no guarantee that Jackson fits the bill either, or that he'll want to sign here after potentially proving he does, but everyone involved will be FA's in 30 games so where's the risk?

Out of the 12 2nd round picks I listed above, 4 of them have started 47 games since 2008. Weeee. And they started because the Pistons are a travesty and they had to start those guys. Try and convince me Singler and Jerebko would go anywhere else and start.

Here, I'll extend a few more years for ya:

Sammy Meija
Will Blalock
Amir Johnson
Alex Acker
Andreas Glyniadakis

Out of that list, the Pistons got adequate production out of Jerebko and Singler. That's it. Finding guys to be great players in the 2nd round is damn near impossible. There's no difference between signing guys in the off-season to give you 15-20 minutes and 2nd round picks. It's all one giant washing machine.

2nd round picks are disposable in trades.

Last edited:
Here, I'll extend a few more years for ya:

Sammy Meija
Will Blalock
Amir Johnson
Alex Acker
Andreas Glyniadakis

Now we have a guy with 286 career starts, including the last two full seasons for a top 3 team in the conference. Thanks for doing the work for me buddy.

Amir Johnson? 7 ppg, 5 rpg career. He's meh.

And if he wasn't drafted, he would have been scooped up somewhere and the same results would have happened. Non-guarenteed contracts. Losing a couple of 2nd round picks over a couple of years won't change a thing.

Amir Johnson? 7 ppg, 5 rpg career. He's meh.

And if he wasn't drafted, he would have been scooped up somewhere and the same results would have happened. Non-guarenteed contracts. Losing a couple of 2nd round picks over a couple of years won't change a thing.

10 and 7 in 28 mpg over his past 3 years, shooting over 55% (60% this year). Again, on a championship contending team.

And what does that mean, if he wasn't drafted he would have been scooped up? No shit, sherlock, that proves the worth of having the pick! What a fucking idiot.

Cracks me up that you picked the last few years. He's an average player. Good for him, gives Toronto (who won't make it out of the East) decent minutes.

Try and sell yourself on the value of a 2nd round pick, and you are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I'll go back through the entire history of 2nd round picks if need be, most of them gone/doing nothing in the league.

But hey, the Pistons got some starts from Jerebko and Singler. Weee.

Last edited:
6 months ago, everyone was roasting Joe over his shitty draft picks. Now people are trying to defend his 2nd round picks with the "games started" statistic? Are you fucking kidding me? The Pistons have been dog shit for half a decade and you're proud that they were starters? What a terrible angle.

Thank you. I didn't know games started was such a productive angle to value picks. John Crotty started a bunch of games for the Pistons. How about him?

Back